User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Forums Coming Soon!

New Forums Coming Soon!

User Info Menu

New Forums Coming Soon!

Well, over the years VBulletin has served us well, but with the new 4.0 and the newer releases, it seems like the $300 I pay per year... is too much for some bloatware forums. I mean, back on 3.8 it was perfect, but now that it is on 4.0... It seems more and more like they are trying to bloat the software down, with unwanted features... Like Skimlinks, and other advertising features, which are highly not needed. I liked when things were simple, navigation is easy, and features like UserCP had everything easily navigated to.

So if enough members vote for the new forums, when the VBulletin license runs out, I will be converting us to XenForo forums. The built in features are great, and they are not filled with unecessary features, and the price is perfect. Themes are more available than 4.0 vBULLetin, as a skin for it has not been made since last year, but XenForo gets new content, mods, updates, styles, and more everyday. It's actually really easy to code and design for, and the DEFAULT THEME IS BEAST ENOUGH ALREADY!!!

Anyway take a vote and tell me what you think!
    XenForo Community

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

New Forums Coming Soon!

User Info Menu

Re: New Forums Coming Soon!

XenForo seems pretty cool, but it's almost the same price as VBulletin. Why not use a free one?

New Forums Coming Soon!

User Info Menu

Same price? No. vBulletin is $250 for a lifetime license. Xen Foro is $140 for lifetime license. Free doesn't cut it, I mean there's so much more in commercial software. I have money, I can pay the one time $140 and be done with it, and sell my vBulletin license for $150.

Here's the story behind Xen Foro. The lead developers Kier Darby and Mike Sullivan of vBulletin, wanted the 4.0 version of vBulletin to be Web 2.0. The CEO was not wanting to go this way as he did not want to rewrite vBulletin from scratch, he wanted to change the look, and add MORE features onto what already was a complicated forum software. This caused the lead developers to split ways and create what is now known as Xen Foro. vBulletin spent years working on vBulletin 4.0 and when it first came out, it still had bugs, even in the stable edition. Yet, Xen Foro, when they first hit, their bug forum was dead. Now it's at a stable release, and they still have yet to have any further bugs reported.

Xen Foro gets rid of unwanted features, and kept, and added more need features, plus gave it a more professional look than vBulletin ever could have.

So if anyone wants the vBulletin license, just PM me.

If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

New Forums Coming Soon!

User Info Menu

People still use this site? thought it died after ftb3 haha.

New Forums Coming Soon!

User Info Menu

It has it's ups and downs days.

New Forums Coming Soon!

User Info Menu

Vbulletin Bro stay here you will not like xenforo I had it before.

New Forums Coming Soon!

User Info Menu

I've used it. I love it. vBulletin is WAY too bloated dude.

I already have the skin picked out:
    http://www.bluepearl-skins.com/xenfo...le?style_id=17

Skinning is SOOO much easier in Xen Foro, and so are mods.

I been messing with a demo and admincp
    http://demo.xenforo.com/110/index.php

New Forums Coming Soon!

User Info Menu

Bad as in you like it or bad as in sucks? I'm sure there are other styles too I will use, I am saying for now.

New Forums Coming Soon!

User Info Menu

When can we expect it?

[Today 12:00 AM] -.Z3U5.-: Quit tryig to get me to look at your big fat ass chode spinning around in circles.

New Forums Coming Soon!

User Info Menu

Xen foro is pretty trashy, but really doesn't matter, you'll make the same mistake alot of people have already

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast