User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changes to Console Discussions

Changes to Console Discussions

User Info Menu

Hello everyone, it's a blast from the past. I've had a few ask what I've been up to since our PSP days, but before I get into that I wanted to ask everyone what they thought about bringing Console Discussions back to life. I've always left it up for nostalgia purposes, but I miss everyone and posting / blogging. So I thought maybe of bringing the site to Wordpress, I had thought about bringing the forums to Discourse as well, but I don't want to put in all of the effort if no one sees it being useful. I envision that the homepage would be reviews, news, trendy products and games, ect. The fact of the matter is that Console Discussions still gets around 400 - 500 visitors a day looking to live back on there past once more. So let me know what you think.

Why is this site still up?
    Nostalgia mainly. I sometimes reconnect with everyone every now and then. Reconnected with Silent Killa and ADHDWildChild to play some Fortnite recently.

What have I been up to?
    I work from home now doing Wordpress/WooCommerce web development and email marketing for a fairly big company. My life changed over night after freelancing for a year for a client. He loved the work I performed and decided to hire me full time making almost double what I was making as a manager. Everyone knows I been building websites since I first got a PSP at 12 years old. I'm 27 now and just now found a job in what I love. To be honest, there's no local jobs where I live so it makes sense that I couldn't find anything, but to be honest I was just freelancing making extra cash and wasn't really looking.

Now I have a few other websites that I maintain just for fun.

Vigeos.net is the most popular website besides Console Discussions. I share videos that I find interesting or that maybe haven't gone viral yet, but I also accept submissions.

UnboxDepot.com is another site I did that I started doing reviews, but I thought about just migrating it over to Console Discussions due to the insane amount of SEO that's already here. I did a post on there a couple months back and it blew up to number one on Google.

I also own a couple of eCommerce stores that I drop ship from. It's a little extra cash here and there.

Now in my free time I go to car shows, I got a boosted 2005 Scion TC now that makes 400HP. Pretty fun lil car.

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Re: Changes to Console Discussions

That's awesome to heat man! I randomly just googled to see if this site was still up. So much time spent here lol. I currently work in IT and photography concerts.
    Last edited by WaffleZ; 08-26-2018 at 08:50 PM.

User Info Menu

Thanks man. Glad to hear you are doing well yourself. I decided against changing forum software. Lots of features gone with other forum softwares, so I decided for a redesign. Now the site is responsive along with it being secured with SSL now. Blog coming soon.

If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Hey guys, you definitely won't remember me because I was mostly a lurker, but I'm pspguy1234290. We didn't talk much, I read a lot of articles on this site. My other account got banned for leaking vip codes and such from here(my bad, everyone makes mistakes). I googled my old username to see what sites were still up. Other then a few others, this was one that I came to a lot. Damn, this brings back memories. I miss the good old psp hacking day.

Edit: P.S. I would definitely stick around if this site came back. I love the feeling of nostalgia. I've been playing that fortnite, too. I would definitely make fortnite threads :) . Monster Hunter World threads, too.
    Last edited by MrAbarcaL; 09-09-2018 at 06:51 AM. Reason: P.S.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MrAbarcaL View Post
    Hey guys, you definitely won't remember me because I was mostly a lurker, but I'm pspguy1234290. We didn't talk much, I read a lot of articles on this site. My other account got banned for leaking vip codes and such from here(my bad, everyone makes mistakes). I googled my old username to see what sites were still up. Other then a few others, this was one that I came to a lot. Damn, this brings back memories. I miss the good old psp hacking day.

Edit: P.S. I would definitely stick around if this site came back. I love the feeling of nostalgia. I've been playing that fortnite, too. I would definitely make fortnite threads :) . Monster Hunter World threads, too.
    No worries man, at this point I am going to probably make the VIP section public. Should have done it a long time ago, but never thought of it till now. There's still some unreleased codes in there I believe.

@Olaf_4e and I have been playing Fortnite quite a bit. If you play on PS4 shoot me a PM so I can add you.

sock ruser

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMcKinney View Post
    No worries man, at this point I am going to probably make the VIP section public. Should have done it a long time ago, but never thought of it till now. There's still some unreleased codes in there I believe.

@Olaf_4e and I have been playing Fortnite quite a bit. If you play on PS4 shoot me a PM so I can add you.
    @MrAbarcaL
    Hell i play both fortnite and monster hunter so you can add me and i'll jump on.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf_4e View Post
    @MrAbarcaL
    Hell i play both fortnite and monster hunter so you can add me and i'll jump on.
    You need to get Spiderman as soon as possible, I wish I got a hard copy I would have mailed it to you when I beat it. I haven't laughed this hard from a single player story mode in a long time. I'm already 54% done and have found all the collectibles.

sock ruser

User Info Menu

You need to get Spiderman as soon as possible, I wish I got a hard copy I would have mailed it to you when I beat it. I haven't laughed this hard from a single player story mode in a long time. I'm already 54% done and have found all the collectibles.
    I will once i start my new job and get my income steady again. i really want to play this ever since i saw the first trailer for it.lol

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf_4e View Post
    I will once i start my new job and get my income steady again. i really want to play this ever since i saw the first trailer for it.lol
    Sounds like a plan. I really wish it was Co-Op or something, or had like a Mortal Kombat online vs type of play. Would be even more dope, Spider-Man vs Venom online haha. The style is already similar to Mortal Kombat.

sock ruser

User Info Menu

Sounds like a plan. I really wish it was Co-Op or something, or had like a Mortal Kombat online vs type of play. Would be even more dope, Spider-Man vs Venom online haha. The style is already similar to Mortal Kombat.
    That would be cool as shit if it was co-op but done right though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast