User Tag List

Thread: What has Johnny been up to?

What has Johnny been up to?

User Info Menu

Well it's been a little over a year since my last post, but some people have mentioned that the site was going slow. I took on a new client for hosting and he's been chewing through my resources. I just finished migrating us to a newer more powerful server which Console Discussions gets to make use of. I've also added us to Cloud Flare to help with speeds along with upgrading us to PHP 7.2 (which honestly should have been done years ago.)

So now we should be set for awhile. As you may have seen from my last post, I have been working for a large company doing development and marketing, but due to the growth and the amount of companies we keep acquiring, I've been promoted to a Software Engineer with a hefty raise. I've also been helping one of my buddies with his startup, which if anyone has noticed, has been taking the server offline due to the amount of growth I have brought him. Console Discussions will always be here for nostalgia purposes until I die and no one is left to pay for the server. No kids yet, and I'm 28, so I'm running out of time there, but hey... If I get kids I'll make sure they keep this going too. I thought I finally met someone who I would spend the rest of my life with, but due to her depression, it destroyed our relationship even though I tried everything I could to keep it alive. It's not her fault, it just sucks that a disease can cause the end of what was for the first 2 years, perfect.

Anyway, I've seen many people reconnect on here including myself, and I haven't been as active as I would like to be as I had big plans last year to reignite the Console Discussions spark with my newly acquired marketing experience, but I'm now working 70+ hours a week between my main job, side jobs, and helping my friend with his start up. I just don't have the time. If anyone wants to take on the task I can definitely be of assistance, but I don't even have time for Vigeos.net now and I use to share 20+ videos a day on there.

Hey though if you want to reconnect feel free to email me [email protected].

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Re: What has Johnny been up to?

This is how the internet is I guess. Kinda ephemeral unless you have people willing to keep history alive like yourself. Not too bad for public sites due to internet archive, but for forums, we've lost so many to time, thankfully not console discussions. Glad you're still kicking and seem to be thriving.
    PSP slim 3.90 ofw>3.95 ofw>4.00 ofw>3.71 M33-2>4.01 m33-2>brick>3.71 M33-2>4.01 m33-2>5.00 m33>5.00 m33-6>Dead.
    PSP phat3.00 ofw>3.90 ofw>5.00 ofw>Dead.
    Rep+ if i helped you.

User Info Menu

Re: What has Johnny been up to?

Quote Originally Posted by guitarplex View Post
    This is how the internet is I guess. Kinda ephemeral unless you have people willing to keep history alive like yourself. Not too bad for public sites due to internet archive, but for forums, we've lost so many to time, thankfully not console discussions. Glad you're still kicking and seem to be thriving.
    Preciate it, hopefully you are doing well too. I may start back up the YouTube channel soon, but it's probably going to be about my car. Got a boosted Scion making 500hp, and I'm about to pick up a 2019 Mustang GT. Always been into cars, prolly do stuff to them on the side for fun.

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.