User Tag List

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 10,000 Members! Time For a Blast From the Past!

10,000 Members! Time For a Blast From the Past!

User Info Menu

I'd like to take the time to thank everyone for making Console Discussions what it is today! I know most of you wonder how we got to where we are, so I figured I'd give a glimpse back into the becoming of Console Discussions. Thank BlackVenom, he's the one that told me reminding people about how much blood, sweat, and tears was put into the site was important. He's right, I mean I know you guys know I love the site and pretty much am either on the site or working on it, but do you know how we got to where we are, how hard we worked, thought, ect?

Well it all started by when I was being fed by a tube inside a dark place... Well that may be a little too far back. It all started in the Christmas of 2005. I got my PSP from my mom as a present.

I got Twisted Metal Head-On with it and played it for awhile. This was before all the hacking, so the good games were fun. I later got Socom U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo, I made a clan called Johnny Bravo (lol) and met Matt (Wolfe715). He later joined my clan and we made a website for our clan on freewebs. The hacking started and the clan slowly started not coming on, although remained in the clan. Eventually me and Matt moved on to Syphon Filter Dark Mirror. We met a chick named Chick AssAssin, Matt and I became good friends with her and we all made a Cell together called Silent Kill Ops (On Syphon Filter Dark Mirror a Cell was a Clan). After the Cell was made I then made another freewebs website and linked the old Johnny Bravo freewebs to the new Silent Kill Ops freewebs. The old clan members of Johnny Bravo started coming back and joining Silent Kill Ops. Everyone knew the new clan website and eventually freewebs deleted the Johnny Bravo freewebs. Chick AssAssin would give us ideas for the freewebs site like babe of the week, during one week sometime after Halloween we chose her as the babe of the week. She gave us a picture from the previous Halloween and we added it to the babe of the week. A few days later, her parents found it and yelled at her, so she asked us to remove it for awhile.

Matt then thought we should actually buy a website and he even had a hosting company worked out called IPower. We began to move everything over and then changed the Silent Kill Ops freewebs to alert everyone we moved to SilentKillOps.com. The Silent Kill Ops freewebs is still up today link back to us at Console Discussions :happy::
    http://www.freewebs.com/silentkillops/

We became popular, but Syphon Filter Dark Mirror died quickly, mainly just because the ranking system. The concept is similar to Call of Duty World at War, but it was way to easy to reach the highest rank, and when you did you wanted to make a new name. I've made so many names and eventually got bored myself and Matt, my Cell, and me left Syphon Filter Dark Mirror. We then went to Socom U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 2. We tried to make a new clan, but changing Silent Kill Ops into a clan for another game just didn't feel right. We eventually changed it up and then added a link to the Syphon Filter Dark Mirror Silent Kill Ops Cell.

Chick AssAssin was one of those that could not join us on Socom U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 2 as she didn't have a lot of money, so she just stayed on Syphon Filter Dark Mirror. I still played with her from time to time and eventually she got some other games I had including Socom U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 2, but for some reason she just loved Syphon Filter Dark Mirror too much.

As for what happened to Chick AssAssin, most of her friends, some being mine, left to another game or left completely because of the hackers. However the hackers never bothered Chick AssAssin as she hardly played. She mainly just loved to talk, you guys know how girls are. Even though we still stayed in contact, me going on Syphon Filter Dark Mirror every once in awhile to keep her company, she eventually got tired of everyone else leaving her and ended up selling her PSP. I haven't heard from her since.

At this point I was already hacking as I became interested in it. Things weren't so bad, it wasn't like it is today with at least one hacker in a room. You could play legitly and most hackers weren't 11 year old immature morons who didn't know when to play fair. However I was interested in everything about PSP at this point and discussed with Matt about expanding our website. We then became PSP Discussions.

At this point not only was I hooked on learning more and more about PSP, I was hooked on learning more and more about websites. I would post updates and tutorials from our beloved Dark_Alex and help other PSP sceners out there with their problems, while at the same time adding cool new features and learning more and more about actually owning a website.

We then grew more (so much that our IPower host was having trouble supporting us and we set off in search for a new host) and I loved working on the website more and more. Constantly learning things everyday and waking up to the site to see what was up and see what new things I could try to make members go ":blink: That blows my mind" about.

Then Console Discussions was formed. I bought my own 360 and wanted to show it the same love I show my PSP. So I decided to think of a way to lay out more consoles and went and opened what you see before you Console Discussions! I still love it and the more we grow the more I love it. There is nothing that is going to separate me from the rest of you guys, as I will always be here for you guys as I am sure you guys will too. Sure I know some of you guys work, but hey we're here 24/7 and I nor the site is going anywhere.

Here I am today. Doing all this over the years has really got me interested in websites. I'm planning on majoring in website design and I will be looking forward to seeing Console Discussions everyday as a reminder of who I become. I think I'm going to cry. :sad:See BlackVenom, you got me going now...

Continue to grow and I love all you guys. (No homo)
    ~Johnny

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

I'm Baaaaaaaack!!!!!

User Info Menu

Re: 10,000 Members! Time For a Blast From the Past!

Oh that's so sweet of you, I want to give you a hug

And that's an awesome pic of you dude! LOL

I knew about PSPD and, obviously, CD but I never knew or even heard anything about the stuff before that. Pretty cool to know now though. What ever happened to chick assassin?

Anyway thanks for letting us all know the history of the site and Rock On Dude!

Johnny= Supreme Master of Video Games

User Info Menu

SKo - woot! Although I was never in any clan of Johnny's I did play a few rounds of ftb/ftb2 in my day. Here's to another 10k people.
    ||||| RETIRED |||||
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Before asking a question try searching for it.
    Links: Forum Rules, Forum Updates, Buy VIP/Premium, My Webdesign Site, Contact Me

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Invader View Post
    Oh that's so sweet of you, I want to give you a hug

And that's an awesome pic of you dude! LOL

I knew about PSPD and, obviously, CD but I never knew or even heard anything about the stuff before that. Pretty cool to know now though. What ever happened to chick assassin?

Anyway thanks for letting us all know the history of the site and Rock On Dude!

I said what happened to her in the post lol. She sold her PSP.

If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

KeeP It oRIgiNAL

User Info Menu

lol.i remember wen i got my psp.christmas 06 or 05 i think,then i boughtt me a slim
    Original U7VK7VOW7V,All others ARE FAKE!!
    Myspace,Add Me-----v
    http://www.myspace.com/osteezy
    KeeP It oRIgiNAL
    Follow Me @KeepItOriginal

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Invader View Post
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Hell yea! At one point he had to write every PSP tutorial on here.. upgrades, downgrades, homebrew... all of it.
    ||||| RETIRED |||||
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Before asking a question try searching for it.
    Links: Forum Rules, Forum Updates, Buy VIP/Premium, My Webdesign Site, Contact Me

User Info Menu

Do you still have that first psp?
    Download my toolbar pl0x!

[Today 09:40 PM] SyKotik Cannon: agreed
    [Today 09:39 PM] PoopDeritis: YOU'RE GAY

User Info Menu

Lol nice hair johnny. You look blazed. :P

User Info Menu

I got mine 06. I remember sneaking into my moms bedroom & finding the PSP a couple days before christmas. It took an hour & a half.. she had a decoy bag with my couzins presents in the closet. It was hidden under her bed in a carrage box for cloths under a sweat shirt. Yeah shes smart i guess.

I remember joining this site as PSP Discussions only 5 months ago. Seems SO MUCH LONGER. I feel like i've been here a year. A great year it seemed like to. Well a great 5 months :)
    Every man for himself. You trust no one but yourself, if you want something done you do it your self don't rely on others. You watch your own back, you fight your own fights its you against the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Some phag
    -.BUS.-'s mommy says to Cannon, "I love you,
    I love you, I love you"
    The Cannon on the bus says, "I love you, too"
    All through the town.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVenom View Post
    Hell yea! At one point he had to write every PSP tutorial on here.. upgrades, downgrades, homebrew... all of it.
    Hey I enjoyed it. At that time, I was really into the PSP. Now everyone beats me to posting all teh goods lol.

Quote Originally Posted by One Winged Manatee View Post
    Do you still have that first psp?
    I've taken it back so many times because of dead pixel lol, but after the first like 7 PSP's I stuck with one haha.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast