User Tag List

Thread: Fallout New Vegas: Like or Dislike?

Fallout New Vegas: Like or Dislike?

User Info Menu

So, I was kind of excited to buy Fallout: New Vegas for I thought Fallout 3 was one of the best games I had ever played. Fallout 3 defined my life for the couple of months that I played that game. Day and night, I was totally addicted. So I bought Fallout: New Vegas a while ago. Maybe about a week after it's release. I was glad the graphics were like that of Fallout 3 and the ADS was nice but I must say I'm very disappointed. I love Bethesda with all my heart but this game made me bored after a while. I didn't have the same experience as I had with Fallout 3. Fallout 3 was intense. Ya know, going out and finding your father who had just escaped a vault, into an forbidding wasteland where giant mole rats and glowing skeletons try to kill you. The storyline of Fallout New Vegas was boring in my opinion. Lots of "go here and go there" and then you get there and you say "great I'm in Vegas guess I should gamble" super fun I know. The game is good, but I was honestly disappointed in it. If you're expecting a Fallout 4 then I would reccommend not buying it. I see it as a really really big DLC pack for Fallout 3. Thoughts? :)
    (Also I didn't really consider this a review, just ranting and wanted some opinions)
    Last edited by Skanky...Muffin; 11-21-2010 at 08:34 PM.

+Rep

User Info Menu

Re: Fallout New Vegas: Like or Dislike?

My friend has this game and omfg he is addicted. He played it also 24/7. Hell, he was fapping to that smiles girl from the beginning of the storyline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Epic of HITB
    get... 1) a mini fridge | 2) A toilet installed in your room | 3) a closet full of non-perishable foods | 4) Lyscol ( who needs showers anyway?) | 5) tons of books articles lectures zines etc etc

Dont leave your room...EVER... AND I MEAN EVER
    Damned six line limit! *NERD RAGE*

Final Judgement

User Info Menu

I liked the story, although starting as a random no background character made me dislike the main story... I mean was the courier from NV or California? He or she isn't known in the NV wastes so... NEED BACKSTORY! that aside, it was more like Fallout 1 and 2, not to be negative but I hated the originals, Fallout 3 on the other hand is an odd ball that ran much better than its predecessors

The O.G.K. wants you! Fans of anime and manga unite. February 17, 2011 is Eternal Negi Fever Day! Sethrigal VI Reign commands you to celebrate that day!

User Info Menu

I know! My friend was addicted to it too! Yet he wasn't really into Fallout 3 which I found somewhat strange...

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

Agreed. Fallout 1 and 2 honestly weren't all too great. Fallout 3 was the "WOW" factor of the series that really made it amazing.

+Rep

Final Judgement

User Info Menu

If it counts for anything Fallout 1 and 2 were made by the original company, Interplay Entertainment, Fallout 3 was made by Bethesda... big difference, that aside this made me look into a canceled Fallout project Van Buren, which has elements of NV... closest thing to a back story...

The O.G.K. wants you! Fans of anime and manga unite. February 17, 2011 is Eternal Negi Fever Day! Sethrigal VI Reign commands you to celebrate that day!

User Info Menu

Yeah I know there was a company shift. But I really think when people talk about Fallout they always just talk about Bethesda's because they really changed the series overall.

+Rep

Final Judgement

User Info Menu

meh I'm on my 3rd play through now, so yeah good or bad doesn't so much matter to me... not to say I'm an achievement whore but I got 31/50 so far and I expect to get at least 40/50 this play through...

User Info Menu

haha me too, I find myself playing just to get achievements now haha

+Rep

Final Judgement

User Info Menu

The DLC makes this game better, for hardcore players Dead Money, for the backstory collector Honest Hearts, and for comedy gold Old World Blues