User Tag List

Thread: Getting started

Å*ïMjJLÿ Th£ ßëâšT

User Info Menu

Getting started

Hi. I just recently got an Xbox 360 Slim. First off, its already modified to play burned games and I'm having no problems playing with them. But I just recently burned a copy of Assasins creed revelations but the guy said something about my modified xbox's dashboard has to be updated to play the latest burned games so I just bought it coz I didnt understand what he was saying. long story short, so I got the game but it wouldnt play it said something about go to xboxlive/support or something then I went back to the guy said something about updating the dashboard
    and It costs like 83$! So I did some research about burned games for xbox and modifying it as I am new to the xbox scene. Now what I want is me updating my own xbox'x dashboard so that I dont have to pay so much just to get it updated. My question is how do I start? Where? How do I do it? Do you have any links or instructions that I could follow? I know this isnt just a "Hack-it-up and play" and I know this is something serious. But I am determined to do it as I have modified some consoles before i.e PSP and Ps2. So, what do i do now? Sorry if this thread is in the wrong section Im confused.

Getting started

User Info Menu

Re: Getting started

I've modified your thread, there are no discussions of illegal/pirated material. Playing copies of your own physical games is fine. /RANT

On to the good stuff. I can help you.

All are games I own, but anyway... I need a little information here:

1. Are you on the dash board with tabs?
    2. Are you jtaged?
    3. What version of iXtreme are you?
    4. Do you have a slim or phat Xbox 360?
    5. What DVD drive do you have? Hitachi, Liteon, Samsung, ect?

A little heads up, for newer games you need iXtreme LT 3.0, you also need Verbatim dvd+r dl discs made in SINGAPORE, this part is important as the dyes in their discs are higher quality than the ones made in other countries. Wave XGD3 compared to waves 1-X on older games are different, newer games use XGD3, which tries to counter burning games, by making games use padding and better compression to use a full DVD DL which MS makes. The burning method for XGD3 games requires a iHas Liteon DVD Burner and flashed with Burner Max which allows for the DVD DL to be written with an extra 200+ MB that Microsoft uses for padding so that we can use full disc.

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

Å*ïMjJLÿ Th£ ßëâšT

User Info Menu

1. Dashboard with tabs? where is that?
    2. I dont know coz when I got it from my uncle it was already modified
    3. (Same answer I have in #2)
    4. I have a Slim. It came with a package when my uncle bought it. The package contains a kinect, wireless controller and some original CDs and cables etc.
    5. I believe I have a BenQ as what I can see in this picture but it is very similar to Philips Lite-on as you can see on the second picture so I couldn't tell which one I really have coz they both look the same.

By the way when my uncle bought it he already modified it before taking it home. so I couldn't tell if I'm Jtagged or what the version of the iXtreme I have.But if you tell me what to do so that I could tell maybe I can give it a try.And I have no problem about burning games coz I can always buy them at the store.

You got alot of good shit there and they are all online?But how? I thought if you have a burned game you cant go online coz you dont have the serial number thingy to go online?
    Last edited by AfterEffeX; 08-28-2012 at 02:18 AM.

Getting started

User Info Menu

If it is a slim then it is prolly BenQ because hitachis on slims are jagged. Slims are harder to mod, but in order to even update your xBox 360 drive to be able to play xGD3 games (newer) then you will need to buy this for starters to extract your 360s key.

Yes, you can play your burned games online as long as they pass stealth verification in ABGX, if it fails, don't play online as you may get banned.

The reason the iXtreme firmware is so popular is because it is stealth, meaning the firmware hooks onto specific functions that Microsoft can't detect, therefor tricking into thinking it is not a burned game and thus allowing you to play online.

ABGX comes in handy. You can download it here:
    https://hotfile.com/dl/169369741/a1c...setup.exe.html

If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

Å*ïMjJLÿ Th£ ßëâšT

User Info Menu

Daaaamn. I knew it. Yes I know that thing they call it the probe. So that's why its so expensive coz it requires alot of shit to do. I wish I can try this someday when nobody's home. Imma see what I can do before I start all these I dont wanna screw this up and I just hope that I wont brick my xbox or something. Alright thanks Johnny I really appreciate it man.

Getting started

User Info Menu

I've got the probe, but I just don't have the x360USB Pro 2 anymore to properly link the drives to computer to flash. Slims are more expensive to flash but one you buy the sputnik probe for $15, and the x360USB Pro for $50 your pretty much set. I would go with the x360USB Pro 2 if you want to flash other peoples drives and charge them like $20, $30, you'd be cheaper than the other guy and you would make your money back quick. It doesn't take me 30 minutes to flash phat 360s, and when I had the x360USB Pro 2 I could do it in half the time because the Pro 2 linked to Jungle Flasher and it was one click and it flashed everything automatically for you which was nice! I may buy another because a buddy of mine wants me to flash his. If that's the case I'll flash yours for $40. Just ship the DVD drive to me I'll flash it and ship it back. Ill even cover shipping back. Shipping to me will be like $5-$7 as I use to do this service for phat 360s back in the day and have tons of people that could vouch for me.

If you do decide you want to do it yourself, download Jungle Flasher and read the PDF file in the documents, it's a straight tutorial!
    http://hotfile.com/dl/142024752/4e2d...(304).rar.html

I would recommend a bundle deal because then you could do it from your laptop if you don't have a computer, if you decide to do it yourself. This is a pro 2 bundle which is why it is so expensive. Click HERE.

I brought back the modding service for you found here:
    http://www.consolediscussions.com/fo...ad.php?t=41045