Yes! The days of not making it through the day without your Droid X dying are over! Verizon has come out with an extended battery for $40 which adds an additional 20% of battery life to your phone. This 1880 mAh battery will get you through the whole day without charging, you will still need to charge at the end of each night, but at least it lasts longer than 12 hour standard battery.

If you are rooted and want even more battery life, install the GummyJar Rom (It is Blurless which saves battery). I installed the rom and ended up lasting 2 days on a single charge of the Extended battery!

The battery is $40 but it does have a catch, they recommend using their extended battery door which is about a millimeter bigger than the standard battery door. Even though they recommend it, the old battery door still fits, and is not too tight. I was using it for awhile, but after the standard one got scratches all over it, I wanted the new door, to make my Droid X feel new again.

Pros
Gain 20% more battery life
Get a new battery door
Only $10 more than the standard battery

Cons
Recommends using the battery door, but standard door will work.

Of course if the whole battery deal bugs you, you could always get the Seidio 1750 mAh Extended Battery, which is made to fit with the standard battery door. It's the same price as the 1880 mAh, to save room, but lose a new door and 130 mAh, so it won't last as long as the Motorola battery.

Plus the Seidio or any other after market batteries will not work on 2.3.340 Froyo, so you would need to buy the battery charging station which runs about $12. Not worth it in the long run unless you go BIG with the Seidio 2800 mAh extended battery.