User Tag List

Thread: What does the PS3 need?

What does the PS3 need?

User Info Menu

What does the PS3 need?

The Playstation 3 system is constantly criticized for not having either enough decent games, or just not being comparable to the successful Xbox or Wii.
    What do you guys think the PS3 needs to attract some attention? What features, games, etc.?
    Opinions please
    Jimi Hendrix
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

What does the PS3 need?

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Re: What does the PS3 need?

I think the ps3 shouldnt of been based on the psp...Also i thinks theres really nothing wrong with the ps3 its just too many people own 360's and when people are trying to decide what console there going to get they think about what there friends have and or what games they play....So people just need to get it and try it out its free internet and wireless internet when you have to pay to get that on your 360...Really the only 2 things the 360 has over the ps3 is Halo and Gears of War...To me its about what style games you like...personaly i want realistic games not games with fantasy guns and things so i think thats were the ps3 focuses on realistic games....But to close this up one thing the ps3 could have to make it better is a battery back for the controllers like the 360....because once the battery in a controller to a ps3 goes out your going to have to buy a new one

What does the PS3 need?

User Info Menu

Re: What does the PS3 need?

The PS3 needs moar time to develope. Xbox LIVE has way more features, and is a lot better. SONY also needs to get their act together. Microsoft payed a LOT of money to Rockstar to make the DLC exclusive...SONY needs to invest a little money and do teh same back to MS.

What does the PS3 need?

User Info Menu

Well from what im hearing sony invested some on the new BattleField: Bad Company 2 which will be here in march

What does the PS3 need?

User Info Menu

Yea I think the PS3 needs a bit more time. A LOT of people like those fantasy games, they want to get away from reality for a bit so they play halo and gears. These games deliver a great multiplayer experiance where killzone 2 lacks (yes I have both consoles). The PS3 is more of a single player/campaign type console a few games supporting this would be (MGS4, GoW3, Uncharted1&2, LBP, etc). GoW3 will be released soon and although LBP has co-op, I do not really consider it a multiplayer game. All these games look great but it depends on what type of gamer you are. And it's only $5 a month for XBL, that doesn't really break the bank if you want a good online community.
    Just one of Xbox Live's gamerscore whores.

What does the PS3 need?

User Info Menu

The PS3 needs a Brain,
    The XBOX 360 needs a Heart,
    And the Wii needs to grow some balls.

I don't like the PS button layout. The controller seems a little light to me for some uncomfortable reason. I've only played a few PS3 games but I just perfer the 360.
    .:: DO YOUR PART - Remember to press the Report Button for posts that need moderation. ::.
    .::Forum Rules | List of Demands Part II ::.

Rep :<Current>(230) + <Previous>(207)= <Total>(437)
    AdamAndersen aka Pink Floyd
    [12-03, 18:47] taking it in the ass IS...
    [12-03, 18:47] giving sex to another man isn't exactly gay...
    [12-03, 18:45] ill suck your dick if you suck mine. dealio?

Adam Andersen: I give him a hug every night after we make love.

Rigalic Reign: I too had a sexual encounter with a female in kindergarten
    CoDeX: Don't talk about last week.

[Today 03:56 PM] Sneaky Poptart: They haven't dropped yet?
    [Today 03:24 PM] BioHazardouz: My nuts
    [Today 01:42 PM] RageRaft: Whats up guys.

When in doubt. Get the f*ck out!

CoDeX is like buttsecks. Some people like him. Most think he is a pain in the ass.

What does the PS3 need?

User Info Menu

yeah you either like fantasy games or realistic games.....But back on topic also the ps3 (could) get a message system sorta like the 360.....that is a nice thing the 360 has but the psp has the AD HOC i dont know why the ps3 couldn get something like that and im sure there working on it...but something i always thought of is the 360 and ps3 joining together for online gaming that would be amazing then people wouldn have to get the same console as there friend but i dont think itll ever happen because Ms has there own network and sony has there own network so they would have to make a new one plus Ms probably isnt going to want to loose any money to sony

What does the PS3 need?

User Info Menu

Mainly, I feel like the controller for the 360 is BUILT for my hands, and is comfortable. If I had the 360 controller for my PS3, and I never played online...I would never use my 360.

What does the PS3 need?

User Info Menu

I actually prefer the ps3 controller rather than the 360 (got used to the ps2 controller back then)
    I can say the ps3 Online is improving, services is increasing.

To contribute to the thread, I would say that the ps3 needs to get better games.

side note, I see this thread is luring in some 360 fanboys

Irony at it's finest