Thread: [Guide] A Little read for those intereasted in cheating MW2

[Guide] A Little read for those intereasted in cheating MW2

User Info Menu

Nory's Guide to the future of MW2 Cheating"
    "They Say its Impossible, I say lets do it!"

This WILL be expanded on!

.::Intro::.
    Okay, first off I am pretty sure this will be knocked off the first page within a few hours but I have decided to write this for those people that really actually care, this is more for instructional and learning purpose so please don't expect me to give hand outs. This is NOT going to cover boosting etc, but the aspect of possible glitches/exploits and how they would really work, not just getting lucky and finding them.

If you wish to to ponder and continue your adventures in PS3/PS3 Game exploiting you may find my other guide here: A explanation and guide to everything sony doesn't want us to talk about(PS3) - NextGenUpdate

.::Basic MW2 Glitching::.
    Now since that is out of the way lets first get started with the absolute basics, glitching...

Wait, wait I thought fourzerotwo said the famous "Map Monkeys" came in and found quite a few glitches correct? That may be so but I guarantee their still out there! First lets find out what a glitch is. The basic definition to most users here is "a method to do something new, get somewhere else etc" My (simple) definition so people can understand. "A Glitch is an exploit in the games code, usually either in the visual layer(maps etc) and other glitches such as error, booting etc is done when a section of RAM(games code) is not correctly written to go into effect with other areas of the memory so when the data is written somewhere else when you do something such as jump here that part of the code is interfering with another area of code and when they collide they present you with a new effect."

Now to find them you HAVE to think like a coder as all other ones were basically found that were simple. Lets start with a simple example so people can get an idea. In games/programs you have a print function such as "printf" games have these two and really thats how things like the leaderboards work. The data is taken to the server and there is a part in the code that when "this data" is loaded from the server "print it here, then refresh after you scroll, clear the old data and refresh with new" Now heres how you could exploit the leaderboards to your advantage!

There is something called a buffer overflow which is more in our favor and you can use the loading of the leaderboards or any area where data is printed and call it to print something else. What do I mean?

I mean you could find a way to cause an overflow(simply the buffers get stuck and print other data instead of whats from the server etc) and that could even be svg data information(such as with W@W) where the data was printed, that was an exploit of the games print function(one of them as there are usually several, some for hex etc). This can be archived by keep exiting and entering the leaderboards or anything that causes heavy loading.

The same applys to ingame glitches, such wall glitches, but those are more map mods that do less with the code but more of with how the maps were modeled and designed.

.::Possibility of SVG exploits::.

Now on to the savegame exploit... *gasp*!...

Not possible you say? Whilst that might be true if we work hard it might become a reality. Using a method to decrypt which could be done with a buffer overflow such as the exact one above if you were then able to bash yourself into the svg data and possibly the games then you could allow the .prf file to use "decrypted" code instead of "encrypted" meaning it would be like how cod4 used to be. This would be hard but it could be done if you play around with it. The encryption is most likely a 256 style which is what banks use and stuff like winzip, NOT an easy way through that one but instead going around it to allow it to run without encryption. They could fix this by simply using a way to save to the games ram memory instead of an accessible file by users on the HDD(.prf files such as _MP _SP etc)

.::Packet Injection::.

If anything in this little article, this will be the hardest section to grasp. First lets start with what a packet is... A packet is data that is sent over the internet from your PS3 to the games Server and Back to you, its data such as "AB BA C1 D3 C4 Ef" That is a small packet and to many people, doesn't mean a thing so Ill explain more. Heres an example, if Player1 shot Player 2, Player1 is sending a packet to the IW server which holds the guns damage etc, and once the server withdraws that information, Player2 will receive the damage in a packet from the server and will take damage. So heres a little more examples for ya.

Player 1 -shoots- Player2 -Packet sent from player1 to server to obtain the guns data and damage- -IW's Server sends the data to player 2 with the damage info- and then player 2 receives that packet and takes damage.

Now lets explain what you could do if you already arnt thinking. Say you could do this instead of option one above.

Player 1 -shoots modified packet data using a packet builder- Player2 - modded Packet sent from player1 to server to obtain the guns modded data value and damage- -IW's Server gets the modded data and then sends the data to player 2 with the damage info- and then player 2 receives that packet and takes damage modified such as a OSK(one shot kill)

Yes it is hard if you never heard of it or dont know much about this kind of stuff but its hard but its a lot of work, this could really be used for anything such as booting people out of the room, obtaining host, having unlimited ammo, osk, etc. The only real problem is that some data HAS to be sent at an EXACT time or at least close to it which makes this hard.

.::Misc MW2 Exploit Section::.

I will put everything else here such as lag switch ideas and other stuff, not boosting as were not sure yet.

A lag switch could be used in conjunction with a glitch for say something like getting higher on the leaderboards etc, getting more XP you get the idea. I will expand on this section later on.

.::Closing::.
    Thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully you learned something, if you wish to see ANYTHING related to MW2 possible glitching and exploits PLEASE let me know and I will add the content upon request if its good. Thanks for reading and tell me your comments and ideas on how this can be approved. Thanks for reading and remember DON'T HATE! :D

.::Credits::.

Nory(Of NGU/HAX) - For writing this guide and expanding on it in the future.
    ^IMOK

Anyone else- If someone adds I will put em' here!
    11-10-2008!I joined exactly one year before MW2 !

User Info Menu

Re: [Guide] A Little read for those intereasted in cheating MW2

this is gay... cant play legit vid games anymore can you...
    and it doesnt look like it got knocked of the first page in a whole weeks time :/
    Jimi Hendrix
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

User Info Menu

Re: [Guide] A Little read for those intereasted in cheating MW2

lol i have no idea whatz mw2, and itz cool hackin gamez the diff is if u keep em to urself.
    FTB2 NaMe: -BLACK-DIAMOND-