Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 44.44%
  • No

0 0%
  • Maybe, I'll have to see the UI

5 55.56%

Thread: Need info about my new app (not done yet, but really close)

Need info about my new app (not done yet, but really close)

User Info Menu

Here's the deal (I'm not sure apple would accept this app, but they should based on apps currently on the store):

I'm building an application that allows you to send free SMS (text) messages (yes I know it's been done). The UI will be very simple, with little speech bubbles and stuff highlighting everything. It will require an email account (doesn't matter with whom). The price will be either $.99 or $1.99

So my question, will you buy it?

NOTE: IF YOU SAY YOU'LL PIRATE IT (USING INSTALLOUS OR ANY OTHER SITE) YOUR POST WILL BE DELETED AND I WILL GIVE AN INFRACTION (insulted staff)

*off topic
    my stance on pirated apps are as follows:
    If you pirate the app from a major company then I don't give a crap, HOWEVER, if you pirate an app from somebody that is simply trying to make an honest living (me, that dude that made ifart, etc) then I find it EXTREMELY offensive.

User Info Menu

Re: Need info about my new app (not done yet, but really close)

Will this be for itouch too? cause if so i might buy it, but I don't know how it could be since its isn't a cell phone could you clear that up for me?

DEATH METAL

User Info Menu

I might get it. The only problem is that the AIM app already does this for me. I can send an IM to someones mobile number, they will receive it as a text then send a message back and it will come back as an IM costing me nothing. Other than that, I would buy it instantly.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by B4RR3TT View Post
    Will this be for itouch too? cause if so i might buy it, but I don't know how it could be since its isn't a cell phone could you clear that up for me?
    it'll just be for both. And it uses email

User Info Menu

If you give me a trial for it so I can see what it's all about and how it works then I may consider buying it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by angrybanana5000 View Post
    If you give me a trial for it so I can see what it's all about and how it works then I may consider buying it.
    I'll make one and put it in my (broken) cydia repo, which I hope to have fixed soon!

User Info Menu

I would buy it... But because I got txt on my iPhone... I don't need it... Otherwise for iPod or iPhone users that does not have TXT support, I think this will be a great app... It would be favorable if you add some new features, like sending pictures, or build-in-smiley (Build-in-smiley my sound dumb, but there is a lot of people ho would be interest).... Another thing you should add is cool layouts... I hate thoso 500 adds and one box type of app. When an user is searching for an app, he/she wants to get the best out of it... Another thing is the icon/app icon, a lot of people seems to acually buy the app because of the icon looking. "cool", or "similiar to the normal app" or so on, I have a jailbroken iPhone and I %100 agree with you about Installous shit, I only get apps from major sellers like EA, ho sells NBA, NFL, FIFA and so on 20 million times a day.

Good luck with the app, and Apple Aproving stuff.. And YES, I would buy the app :)

DEATH METAL

User Info Menu

I don't know about anyone else but I tend to buy an app more often if the developer has a "Limited" free version also. This way I can try the app to see if it works for me then I can buy it if I like it. Also, if there is a video on it (I know there is not much you can do with a text app, video wise) I tend to like the app more. I just hate when I buy an app based on reviews and it sucks, I like to know what I am buying and if it will still benefit me two weeks from now.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky Poptart View Post
    I don't know about anyone else but I tend to buy an app more often if the developer has a "Limited" free version also. This way I can try the app to see if it works for me then I can buy it if I like it. Also, if there is a video on it (I know there is not much you can do with a text app, video wise) I tend to like the app more. I just hate when I buy an app based on reviews and it sucks, I like to know what I am buying and if it will still benefit me two weeks from now.
    I shall consider everything!

DEATH METAL

User Info Menu

Cool let me know when it gets approval or when it hits the app store.