User Tag List

Thread: How to obtain host/lock etc on MW2

How to obtain host/lock etc on MW2

User Info Menu

Part 1: Packet injection to get Host/lock etc
    A series of Guides to h4x0r MW2 for Consoles [ THE REAL DEAL]
    By: bmxdude9(Nory/ImoK)

Hey if you are viewing this thread you are most likely curious on how to lock a lobby, get host or do something else on MW2. Well the time has finally come when I am going to explain how to do so. "Woah wait I thought this wasn't possible with the new engine and host migration?" Oops wrong! Its totally possible so I am going to explain how. Now notice the title is 'How to get host/lock etc on MW2' NOT 'How to get host/lock etc on MW2 [EASILY]' Even though this method is reasonable for most people because I am going to do my best to explain it many are not patient enough and will end up getting frustrated and stop. Want to get host or a lock a lobby? Then well stick around while I explain...

First allow me to explain the basic gist on how this method will work and come into play.. Since with the new host migration only the person with the best connection will get host so uploading a big video simply wont cut it, you might get host but it would just migrate to another player. So let me explain how to make the server data keep looping to get host using none other than PACKET INJECTION.

This usually strikes fear in peoples eyes when they see it if they dont know what it is, but dont worry Ill cover what you will need to know. First off let me explain what a packet it. First Ill quote a person then explain it in simple terms.

UDP is a simpler message-based connectionless protocol. Connectionless protocols do not set up a dedicated end-to-end connection. Communication is achieved by transmitting information in one direction from source to destination without verifying the readiness or state of the receiver.

* Unreliable – When a message is sent, it cannot be known if it will reach its destination; it could get lost along the way. There is no concept of acknowledgment, retransmission and timeout.
    * Not ordered – If two messages are sent to the same recipient, the order in which they arrive cannot be predicted.
    * Lightweight – There is no ordering of messages, no tracking connections, etc. It is a small transport layer designed on top of IP.
    * Datagrams – Packets are sent individually and are checked for integrity only if they arrive. Packets have definite boundaries which are honored upon receipt, meaning a read operation at the receiver socket will yield an entire message as it was originally sent.
    In simple, simple terms its a way to send data from one user to the games server back to other users in the game. UDP is often used for games as it will maintain GOOD usage with the LEAST amount of possible connection disruption(lag)

A packet is basically data sent from your IP to the server than to other players so heres a simple example. If player1 shoots player2 then the data from that game(usually stored as an sdr on the disc then called by the server profile) then the data is then sent to IW's server(or whoever s) then that data is called from the server and then received by the other player who will then take damage.

Now onto the process!.... First lets cover what you will need.

-----Required items/tools needed for this operation-----
    -A PS3(or 360 if you wish) that is using an Ethernet connection NO WIRELESS CONNECTIONS(they wont work as you cant directly sniff/inject packet data)

-A bridged connection between your Console(PS3,360) and your computer(see below)

-Wireshark Network Analyzer*Google it, its free*

-A packet modifier/injection *Colasoft Packet Builder is free and works good*

-Time and PATIENCE!

-Trial and error

-----Bridging your System to your main connection via PC-----
    This is a required step before you begin. Since I dont have the time to make a video for this I will link you to one. Please note it will differ from computer to computer but most of the time its generally the same. Shouldn't take more than 5-10 minutes if you have the stuff you need. This is required so your using your MAIN connection so you can sniff the packet data from your PC

YouTube- How To Bridge an Internet Connection To another Device (xbox360)

-----How to get the data to get host/lock rooms etc(sniffing)-----
    This I have a video for(sorry no audio) but I will also explain what I do in words. After you have your connection bridged to your PS3 open up wireshark and go to the tab capture and go to 'options' and edit it to your liking, the default should work unless yours is different. Then go to the capture tab again and click on 'capture filters' and select either UDP only or TCP and UDP. Then hit start. You might not see anything right away but this is now what we do on the PS3.

Once that is set up go on your PS3 and make yourself lag(you will see the packet amounts fluctuate on wireshark) Then when you see migrating host STOP the lag, you should see a list of packets and well done, to lock the room it should have came up but it would be a good idea to do this SEVERAL times to make sure you get the data that you will need.

Now that you have the data it is time to inject it in the game. Make sure you INJECT WHEN YOU ARE TRYING TO GET HOST! This will allow you to get host. "But wait would I loose the host if I start to lag" Ah ha you are smart my friend but let me explain this a little more you might be able to trick the server if you keep sending that packet over and over and over again so its continuous and each time you will get host. Now when injecting it MIGHT NOT ALWAYS WORK, this is because it might be the wrong packet so remain clam and try another one. This is why I said patience and trial and error is required. Once you think you've found it good for you :) Then you should have and remain host(unless the servers think your up to no good and wanna complain and moan about it)

It would be better to only send the REQUIRED packet data to trick the server to give you host as its a non delayed loop(its constantly sending) so it might cause lag if you send a whole damn dump.

VIDEO OF ME DOING A QUICKIE SNIFF AND INJECTION:

YouTube- How to Packet inject/sniff for the PS3 for MW2.

So enjoy locking the lobbies and getting host on MW2. Be sure to look for my future guides. Yes I know this was pretty lengthy all for that and most people will give up but its a guaranteed way and one of the simplest and sure fire ways to get host using basic packet injection.

As of the time of this guide there was NO other public method of obtaining host or locking lobbies on MW2.

Enjoy and be sure to give thanks or +rep if you think this was helpful or interesting. I did spend quite some time on it!

Thanks for reading and watch out for more. If you want to post @ another site please ask for my permission before hand.

Posted at:
    NGU
    Unigaming

~bmxdude9(Nory)
    11-10-2008!I joined exactly one year before MW2 !

User Info Menu

Re: How to obtain host/lock etc on MW2

tl;dr version:

1. Bridge your PS3/Xbox with your computer
    2. Find IP of host
    3. Deny incoming and outgoing packets from said host
    4. The only person able to accept packets from you is yourself
    5. Gain host
    6. ???????????
    7. PROFIT!