View Poll Results: Which is better

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Playstation 3

9 64.29%
  • Xbox 360

5 35.71%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PS3 or XBOX (please don't overtroll)

PS3 or XBOX (please don't overtroll)

User Info Menu

Exclamation PS3 or XBOX (please don't overtroll)

Okay, see it's Christmas coming up and my parents say I'm allowed one gaming console. Seeing as a I already have a Wii and decided that it was either going to be a 360 or PS3. I want anyone who reads this and has experienced both, to give them both their PROS and CONS. Thanks.

P.S. I'm already leaning towards PS3 because it's free internet (please don't comment on that) and it's more exclusives. :laugh:
    Your bet!

3.71 M33-3 > 3.71 M33-5 > 5.00 M33-1 > 5.00 M33-6 > BRICKED > 5.50 GEN-D2

Lime in the Chat Box

User Info Menu

Re: PS3 or XBOX (please don't overtroll)

Xbox dude.
    Better way to socialize in my opinion.
    But your better off getting what most of your friends have.
    Rep me up+ if I help or you just think im a cool guy.:)

User Info Menu

yea i have a 360 & ps3 i hate it internet always cuts me off my laptop or off my psp or 360. more ppl have 360 and games are better on it ps3 only gets couple exclusive stuff but no as much as 360 does.but its up to u i go 360 all the way
    Get At Me Bl4Ck.KiD... Aka BK
    Future Rapper - Spits Fire
    Psp Coder - Mips, C
    Web Designer - HTML, Javascript, Some PHP
    Computer Programmer - Currently Learning C/C++, Visual Basic, Pascal, Brainfuck, Python, Ruby

DEATH METAL

User Info Menu

For future posts: Make sure when you give your opinion, try to back it up with facts.

My vote would be for the Xbox 360. I own both consoles but I rarely play the PS3.

Xbox Live has an overall better online community. Yes the PS3 online is free but I bet if they charged for it, no one would pay. Xbox live is ONLY $5 a month, that does not break the bank at all.

If you do not plan on playing a lot of multiplayer, or just like being alone then the PS3 would be a better choice. Most of the games were made for single player gaming. Such as Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted 1 and 2, Little Big Planet, etc. Some games have multiplayer but I don't like them. Games such as Resistance are too hectic when playing online, it is complete chaos and it is mainly because there are too many players.

This is all in my opinion, have fun with whatever console you decide to get.

User Info Menu

Thanks for everyone's opinion. Most of my friends have 360s but I'm afraid that when I get one, I will get the Red Ring. I don't want to waste money on a prone-to-overheating investment.

Edit: I want to play Socom Confrontation (I know that all the 360 fan boys are going to be like "dude that sucks, why don't you go play COD", but I actually like the multiplayer experience. I will buy COD anyways)
    Last edited by Lonestar; 11-24-2009 at 03:09 AM.
    Your bet!

DEATH METAL

User Info Menu

Most of the newer 360 consoles do not get the red ring that easily. I have had my Elite since they came out and I have not got the red ring of death. Even if you did rrod it, Microsoft will fix it for free. But if you like socom that much to get a PS3, have fun. Just know that I have heard nothing good about the multiplayer experience on the PS3. I am planning on buying one in the future but for the campaign type games.

User Info Menu

Ps3. Yo umust get a ps3. Better graphics, better games, Way better than 360. My friend bought a elite and 2 days afte he got 4 red rings.... My friend bought his ps3 like 2 years ago and he still likes it and nothing has gone wrong with it.

Today 08:35 PM] SmokeyG12: oo i thought he was try to spell grabbed lol
    [Today 08:33 PM] CoDeX: WHO THE F*CK PUT THAT "G" THERE?
    [Today 08:31 PM] Djlatino: lol IMMA GRAPE YOU IN THE MOUTH

User Info Menu

Off topic:
    I live in Australia and I'm now going to buy PS3 (because of better exclusives) and wanted to know, how am I going to get SOCOM Confrontation? I hear that you can't buy the game in retail here down under,l but you need to download, which I think you need to pay for. Can someone give me exact details

On topic: Thanks alot but I still cannot cope with an awaiting overheating time bomb to go off.
    Your bet!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
    Off topic:
    I live in Australia and I'm now going to buy PS3 (because of better exclusives) and wanted to know, how am I going to get SOCOM Confrontation? I hear that you can't buy the game in retail here down under,l but you need to download, which I think you need to pay for. Can someone give me exact details

On topic: Thanks alot but I still cannot cope with an awaiting overheating time bomb to go off.
    You get a 3 year warranty I believe with the 360. Or maybe it's just 1 year. If it doesn't break by the time your warranty is up and you don't leave it on all day it isn't going to break. The XClamp problem has been fixed and will no longer happen on the newer models.
    Every man for himself. You trust no one but yourself, if you want something done you do it your self don't rely on others. You watch your own back, you fight your own fights its you against the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Some phag
    -.BUS.-'s mommy says to Cannon, "I love you,
    I love you, I love you"
    The Cannon on the bus says, "I love you, too"
    All through the town.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    You get a 3 year warranty I believe with the 360. Or maybe it's just 1 year.
    It's 1 year, but if you get E74 or RROD the warranty is extended to 3 years.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast