User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting My First PS3

Getting My First PS3

User Info Menu

Getting My First PS3

I guess you could call me a PS3 version, but I am going to finally get a PS3, I just wanted to know what the difference is between all of the models. I have a few PS2 games and kind of want to sell my PS2 as my console collection is growing so massive that I have no where to put my consoles lol, so I just want to bulk out and get rid of my ps2 as I already made room for my Gamecube to make room for my Wii, since Wii can play gamecube games. Anyway, I heard the 60 GB model was the best.

Before anyone asks I don't want a slim to be honest. They look cheap and like shit. Plus no PS2 / PS1 backwards capabilities, and no Memory Card / SD slots, not to mention 2 usb ports...

Opinions?

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

Getting My First PS3

User Info Menu

Re: Getting My First PS3

Only the PS3's released within the first 2 years have 4 USB ports and Memory Card / Stick slots (MGS4 bundle and earlier) most PS3 Phats have 2 USB ports and NO Mem Card / Stick slots and you can tell if a PS3 is backwards compatible from the amounts of USB ports it has, if the PS3 has 4 USB ports it IS backwards compatible. anyways PS3 is the way to go man

[Today 12:00 AM] -.Z3U5.-: Quit tryig to get me to look at your big fat ass chode spinning around in circles.

Getting My First PS3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SyKotik Cannon View Post
    Only the PS3's released within the first 2 years have 4 USB ports and Memory Card / Stick slots (MGS4 bundle and earlier) most PS3 Phats have 2 USB ports and NO Mem Card / Stick slots and you can tell if a PS3 is backwards compatible from the amounts of USB ports it has, if the PS3 has 4 USB ports it IS backwards compatible. anyways PS3 is the way to go man
    I was reading up on it.

40 GB came after the 60 GB and 80 GB, in which the 40 GB has no Memory Card slot. The 60 GB has backwards capability and so does the 80 GB, but the 80 GB compatibility is limited.

Im trying to decide. I mean Backward capability isn't that important and neither is hard drive space, because I already know how to mod the hard drive to 500 GB thanks to hacking my 360 Hard Drive.

Honestly the slim just bugs me cause it wouldnt be my shiny new toy. =[ It would be matte black... I'd rather it be shiny.

I'm just looking for a way to save space in my entertainment center. I had a Xbox, Xbox 360, PS2, Wii, and Gamecube, but I got rid of the Xbox and Gamecube so now its just a 360 with a ps2 and Wii on top. I don't want to have to set a ps3 on top of all that, I don't want to play Jenga lol.

ANYWAY, IN ALL THE PS3 FANBOYS OPINION WHICH IS BEST, SLIM OR THE 60 GB WITH BACKWARDS CAPABILITY AND MEMORY CARD READERS???

ALSO: WHY DOES SONY ALLOW PS1 SUPPORT ON THE SLIM AND NOT PS2???

If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

Getting My First PS3

User Info Menu

dont set the PS3 on top of all of that, a PS3 Phat is THE heaviest console to date, i recommend setting it on a separate shelf or on the floor

[Today 12:00 AM] -.Z3U5.-: Quit tryig to get me to look at your big fat ass chode spinning around in circles.

Getting My First PS3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SyKotik Cannon View Post
    dont set the PS3 on top of all of that, a PS3 Phat is THE heaviest console to date, i recommend setting it on a separate shelf or on the floor
    Everyone keeps trying to talk me into the slim. I guess I am just not ready for change. Everyone is switching to USB as a form of storage instead of Memory Cards, first Sony then Microsoft with their new 360 Elite (Which I May Get As Well). Hell even some cameras use USB instead of Memory Sticks.

@SyKotik Cannon:

1. Do you have a slim?
    2. Would you recommend it over the fat?
    3. What's the difference, besides not having 4 USB, No Memory Cards, and No Backwards Capabilities?
    4. Why the FUCK do ALL PS3's support PS1 games and not PS2. It doesn't make any damn since!

Getting My First PS3

User Info Menu

Umm, this may be off topic but Johnny your getting Twisted Metal right? xD I know you enjoyed it on the PSP so I'm just asking.

Getting My First PS3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by catballs View Post
    Umm, this may be off topic but Johnny your getting Twisted Metal right? xD I know you enjoyed it on the PSP so I'm just asking.
    Hell yea, when I saw the preview, I was like... Metal Gear Solid 4, Metal Gear Rising, Twisted Metal... PS3, Officially became worth it. I wasn't about to just get the PS3 for Metal Gear Solid 4 lol.

Getting My First PS3

User Info Menu

@JohnnyMcKinney:

- No, i have the 2 USB port 80 GB Phat model

- Honestly i like the Phat model better than the Slim model due to its originality and the fact its gloss

- The Slim model is really no different than the Phat model other than the fact that its MUCH slimmer and lighter and THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE PS3 SLIM

- I am not too sure why that is but all backwards compatible PS3's occasionally glitch up and freeze while playing PS2 games on it

if there is anything else you wanna know just ask
    Last edited by SyKotik Cannon; 06-20-2010 at 10:07 PM.

jerrmy12

well my dad broke mine with ylod =(

Getting My First PS3

User Info Menu

I wanna get a PS3, also. I want 4 USB ports, biggest HD, I don't need the PS1/2 gaming feature cause I don't have any games for it. Color, gloss, weight, doesn't matter. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Epic of HITB
    get... 1) a mini fridge | 2) A toilet installed in your room | 3) a closet full of non-perishable foods | 4) Lyscol ( who needs showers anyway?) | 5) tons of books articles lectures zines etc etc

Dont leave your room...EVER... AND I MEAN EVER
    Damned six line limit! *NERD RAGE*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast