User Tag List

Thread: PS3 being a douche

The Destroyer

User Info Menu

PS3 being a douche

Alright yall I know I haven't been here for a while and I know things have changed.

I got myself a new PS3 this Christmas(The 320gb Sports Champions one) and I got one game with it.

Well I got bored with it and Purchased a game on the PSN. I thought I'd just download it (No biggy Done it before on the PSP) and for some reason the download froze at 14% and 678MB. I stopped the download and tried again thinking my internet was being a pain.

I got the same problem. Next I tried again and same problem. Tried on the PSN without downloading in background and..... I got 80710723 error. I researched it and I did everything that there was about that error and I still got it. No matter what.

Anyone have any idea what to do? I contacted sony about it and they may be giving me a refund (I doubt it) but I still wanna know the problem and how to fix it.

(Yes I have enough memory, yes I have opened ports, yes I have turned the media host off, Yes I put the PS3 into DMZ)

PS3 being a douche

User Info Menu

Re: PS3 being a douche

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Bane View Post
    I got myself a new PS3 this Christmas
    There's your problem.

On a more serious note, try all the steps here. If you didn't disable the RSS Feed as well, it won't work. http://www.fixya.com/support/t291065...m_update_error

The Destroyer

User Info Menu

Re: PS3 being a douche

Quote Originally Posted by AlienatedTailz View Post
    There's your problem.

On a more serious note, try all the steps here. If you didn't disable the RSS Feed as well, it won't work. PS3 System Update Error - FixYa
    thanks for the reply alienated. But I found the problem. My router/modem combo has problems downloading files larger then 2gb. (It updates just fine. It's on 3.56 and downloaded it really quickly.) so I'm going to have to get myself a new router/modem

Edit: and also I have disabled the media connection. It's just my router sucks haha
    Last edited by Darth Bane; 01-27-2011 at 01:02 PM.