User Tag List

Thread: PS3 issues

I'm Baaaaaaaack!!!!!

User Info Menu

PS3 issues

I'm wondering if anyone else has had or heard of this problem.

I was playing PS3 the other day just fine then shut it off cuz it was dinnertime.
    I turned it on a few hours later to play the same that I still had in the console and I clicked on the disc icon to start the game.
    The game started but after about 5 seconds it went back to the PS3 main menu screen.
    I tried a couple more times with the same result.
    I did a hard reset and also reset the disc motor. Neither one fixed the problem.
    I cleaned the disc (which is immaculate anyway with no scratches or blemishes) and used a CD/DVD lens cleaner.
    Nothing worked but then about an hour later, after searching on the web for an answer and finding nothing helpful, I tried once more before heading to bed and suddenly it worked!
    I played for an hour or so, everything was normal and fine. Then the next day, yesterday, it happened again and now I can't play any game that I have on disc.

It is way past the 1 year warranty and I don't have a protection plan. I also don't have a desire to pay Sony $150 to look at my console.

I'm wondering if anyone here has heard of this problem and I'm hoping someone has an answer that will work. Everything I read on the internet seemed to be for problems associated with the game disc icon not even showing up on the screen or an unsupported data message being seen when trying to start the game. Even issues with the disc tray being being jammed. NONE of these are my problem. The name of the game shows up and I can start the game it just won't continue to play.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Dark Invader; 09-27-2012 at 11:30 AM.

I'm Baaaaaaaack!!!!!

User Info Menu

Re: PS3 issues

Problem solved.

I spent an hour and a half on the phone with SONY, the guy was super nice btw, and after many different troubleshooting attempts we figured out the problem was because "the boy" had port forwarded some ports and one of them he used was a port that the PS3 needs. Or something like that, idk what all that means but he changed the ports and everything works now.

Just wanted to let everyone know in case they run into a similar problem.