User Tag List

Thread: Mafia 2 Cheats (XBOX 360)

Mafia 2 Cheats (XBOX 360)

User Info Menu

Hey everyone I was playing mafia 2 on my 360 the other day and I was thinking is it possible to keep one of the hotrods in Chapter 8 (The Wild Ones) and of course why wouldn't there be I figured out how to keep one of the Smith 34 Hotrods for like 2 Chapters.

I found out a nice trick to actually keep the red Hot Rod in Chapter 8, so I wanted to spread the word. (Only affective when you're actually playing through the whole game, not just by selecting Chapter 8, because you need the Hotrod to save when you go to bed at the end of Chapter 9).

Step 1:
    In Chapter 8, when the shooting is over, and you're supposed to take the red Hot Rod to Derek .. park the red Hot Rod before the gate of the Greaser compound. Then, walk further back in the compound, where you can find a white/greenish Hot Rod. Get in the Hotrod, and push the red Hotrod out of the compound, so that there are now 2 Hot Rods outside the compound. (Once you're out of the compound, you can't walk back in there, because there will be an invisible wall where the gate is).

There are 2 Hotrods where you get your first checkpoint in the mission, be sure not to shoot the gas tanks of those 2 Hotrods! Because one of them you need to use to push the red Hotrod out of the compound later on in the mission. (there's also a table with a M1 Grand and some sandwiches on right next to those Hotrods).

Step 2:
    Leave the red Hotrod somewhere on the road leading up to the Greaser compound, and go back into the white/greenish Hotrod. Then drive the Hotrod to Derek, and leave it in front of Dereks office at the docks (not on the actual thing that loads it onto the ship, but just a few feet away from it). Then, go back to where you left the red Hotrod (should be a red waypoint on the map). Then also drive the red Hotrod to Derek at the docks. Park the red Hotrod near the thing that loads it onto the ship. Now get back in to the white/greenish Hotrod, and put it on the thing that loads it onto the ship. Now get immediately into the red Hotrod, and drive away (then you will receive $1950 I think from the white/greenish Hotrod).

Step 3:
    So now you have the red Hotrod! And the objective now is to give Eddie $2000 i think (i'm not playing the game now, I did this a while ago, so i'm just guessing what the objectives and prices were). After you give the money to Eddie, you are told to go home. So go to your apartment. Unfortunately you won't be able to store the Hotrod in your garage BUT if you park the Hotrod in the little alley just next to your house in uptown, and go to bed right after it (save the game), Chapter 9 will start, and the Hotrod will be there in the little alley! So from now on, you can always reload Chapter 9 and you will be able to free-roam with the Hotrod.

Step 4: (Extra Step)
    You can also have the Hotrod in Chapter 10 if you want to, just like I have. (at your new rich house). Just do the whole Chapter 9 with your Hotrod. Be careful not to forget it after the whole shooting at the Meat Factory. (when you leave that factory, it's parked on your right when you come out of the gates). Be certain to keep the Hotrod with you through the whole Chapter 9, even when you're told to change into clean clothes. And when you're about to get made (at the place where Eddie is), be very sure that the last car you drove in was the Hotrod, because the last car you drove in Chapter 9, will automaticlly spawn in your driveway at the beginning of Chapter 10.

- - - - - Double Post - - - - -

In case anybody has tried this yet and has faced the problem of not being able to fix the Hotrod in the the back (the greenish one) just use the red one to push it to the nearest auto shop and then fix the car. Once you have fixed both of them a red waypoint should be on the map on where the red Hotrod is you can now leave the red Hotrod where it is and drive the greenish one to the dock park it CLOSE to the lift NOT on the lift to sell the Hotrod and then go back get the red one take that one to the lift and get into the greenish one quickly if you are not fast enough it will disappear.
    EAZY

User Info Menu

Re: Mafia 2 Cheats (XBOX 360)

Doesn't this disable the achievement system?

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

User Info Menu

No I haven't heard of that happening to anybody. It's not like a cheatcode or anything like that.
    EAZY

User Info Menu

Oh, guess it's only GTA that does that.

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Yea that's GTA
    EAZY