Lux-Pain is a weird game, it's a hybrid game that is majority text, with frustrating bosses. This game gets repetitive very quickly. I enjoyed the art style, music, and plot. The best part comes from character interactions, detailed and complex conversations almost make up for the 20+ (21:36 min 1st play) hours I spent on it. It has several small flaws that eat at me, the first being he and she are interchanged in dialog but it happens rarely. Another flaw is that why the game has excellent voice acting it was not translated to sync up with the text. The last being thing being sometimes they add extra letters to words, of course it only happens toward the end and only for one character, the only reason I noticed it was a cutscene, it might have been because of his accent he over pronounced words. Also for a DS game it's pretty dark stuff, suicides, animal cruelty and abuse, government corruption, arson, murders, and theft. even on the best ending people still die no matter what, they killed off 3 of my favorites.

8.5 of 10