User Tag List

Thread: Metal Gear Solid 4 Review

Metal Gear Solid 4 Review

User Info Menu

I can't believe no one has done a review for one of the best games on PS3. This review will probably be the biggest review I have ever done, but since I haven't finished single player or started multiplayer yet, it will be brief.

To start Metal Gear Solid 4 has to be the best game of my life that I have ever played. It is the only game that has ever actually made me cry. When I thought Meryl NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Seriously if you haven't played ALL of the Metal Gear Solid games... 1, 2, and 3, don't play Metal Gear Solid 4 yet because you won't understand it. In the Cinemas they have flashbacks all the way back to Metal Gear Solid.

*SPOILER ALERT*
    It's sad though, because Rose and Jack (Raiden) split up, and then Rose marries the Colonel Campbell, because he was there for her when Raiden went crazy from the nanomachines, I haven't made it far in single player (just Act 3) so I can't tell for sure if it was Foxdie or the nano machines effecting him, because I know when Ocelot activated Guns of the ******** it caused the nanomachines to disengage and forced all the trama of battle to be released from the soldiers memories. Anger, Sadness, Hate, and Fear all being released. You can image the chaos.

Anyway this game is a must have, when I finish single player I will finish this review and will upload videos of all the Drebin explanations of the bosses, because they are sad as well.

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 Review

Definitely my favorite game ever. the part where they basically make fun of the Xbox 360 gets me dying

[Today 12:00 AM] -.Z3U5.-: Quit tryig to get me to look at your big fat ass chode spinning around in circles.

User Info Menu

My favorite game ever too. I just beat it first try on Normal in 16 hours plus some minutes. Time for Big Boss Hard. I wish there was some part of the game where I could use Raiden's sword though. I hated that in order to use Grey Fox's sword you had to get Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance and play as Grey Fox.

*SPOILER ALERT*
    When did they make fun of Xbox 360? I only remember when Psycho Mantis was making fun of the PS3 itself. Which BTW Psycho Mantis still creeps me out even in MGS4. In MGS1 I got chills from him. Anyway, after defeating Screaming Beauty, a cut scene displays where Psycho Mantis says "I will now move your controller... WAIT! WHAT! YOU HAVE NO RUMBLE FEATURE!
    YouTube- MGS4: Psycho Mantis Returns

*SPOILER ALERT*
    Then after Crying Beauty is defeated Octacon shares the benefits of Blu-ray lol. I warn you this is a huge spoiler so if you haven't played the game, don't read any further or watch the video.

Anyway Octacon contacts you via Codec after defeating Crying Wolf (Crying Beauty), which ironically you defeated Wolf in the same spot... Yup you guessed it, MGS4 takes you back to MGS1's Shadow Moses. Anyway he tells you to change discs, which I will admit, he got me... I figured Since MGS4 had two hour long cut scenes that maybe it did have two discs. I started searching for the box and then hear Octacon saying "Huh? Oh, wait! We're on Playatation 3 system! It's Blu-ray Disc. Dual-layered, too - no need to swap." Then you hear Snake cuss out Octacon for fucking with him lol. I was like "haha you got me you sneaky bastard."
    YouTube- MGS4: Oh Wait We're On a Blu-Ray Disc!

@SyKotik Cannon: I also enjoyed this game just because of how the cut scenes looked and how long they were, but no lie I did not expect the ending cut scenes to be literally a fucking hour and a half long lmao.

If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

User Info Menu

lol damn thats awesome. it flashes images back to the first playstation to, sweet
    [SIZE="2"]100h post on January 31!! Rep +and donate if I helped at all. [/SIZE]

User Info Menu

@BloodmoneyTK: It does that through the whole game. It doesn't force it though, you just press X and it will show you flash backs from MGS1-MGS3. It doesn't want to annoy you, that's why it tells you to press X.

User Info Menu

@JohnnyMcKinney:

remember after beating Crying Wolf you go back inside and Otacon starts talking about having to switch discs and how you dont have to because the PS3 uses BluRay tech? that made me laugh so damn hard cause you know they're making fun of 360 and Wii by that statement lol

[Today 12:00 AM] -.Z3U5.-: Quit tryig to get me to look at your big fat ass chode spinning around in circles.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shemsu-Hor View Post
    @JohnnyMcKinney:

remember after beating Crying Wolf you go back inside and Otacon starts talking about having to switch discs and how you dont have to because the PS3 uses BluRay tech? that made me laugh so damn hard cause you know they're making fun of 360 and Wii by that statement lol
    @Shemsu-Hor:
    http://www.consolediscussions.com/fo...ost186873.html

Very bottom of the post. Course they were kind of making fun of teh Playstation 1 too though.