User Tag List

Thread: Fallout New Vegas

Final Judgement

User Info Menu

Fallout New Vegas

It's that time again, I'm going to take a moment to say this game is long and complicated as hell. That aside it follows the "doesn't matter how badass you are someone is always stronger rule" After sinking 46 hours into the game doing side quests, free quests, recruiting armies and followers, weapons and weirdness sites, and eventually the main story, I got bored and said fuck it to much to do must hurry up and write a review, I still had a day to devote before I pick up Fable III but what ya going to do... The leveling system is redone and gets rid of perks every level and made it like every other level... sucks... the new perks come mostly from challenges you can complete, kill enough bugs, animals, abominations, things in general. Some that raise healing and water consumption. The challenges in game come from how you do missions, if you killed off a faction or had them side with you, I went independent and forgot to kill 90% of the "other" bad guys, whoops. The ending is awesome not to spoil it cause my path would be different from yours, but it gives follow ups on everyone! All of the small things are awesome to know. The crafting/recycling system is a pain to get used to, the advance follower options are great to have but Boone and ED-E kept killing anything before I could get close enough to stealth kill... Boone kills everything with his sniper rifle and ED-E lets you see for miles ahead and it makes you paranoid as hell! The perks are also dialed down extensively I got my ass kicked by baby Deathclaws, later by blind Deathclaws (deadlier than an Alpha or a mother), The weapons are fun to use like the chainsaw which I found after slaughtering all of legion guards... at level 7 not fun NOT FUN AT ALL... The ending depending on sides ends the game at the battle for the dam, a fitting place for a final battle but boring as my allies were slaughtered by the NCR and Legion, which were by comparison highly over leveled compared to their normal pre-battle counter parts.

For the insane leaps of difficulty, the time needed to play the game with side quests, and the shear amount of bugs (because I don't have live and there for would never get patches or DLC until retail copies hit stores) I give F:NV an 8.5 of 10.

The O.G.K. wants you! Fans of anime and manga unite. February 17, 2011 is Eternal Negi Fever Day! Sethrigal VI Reign commands you to celebrate that day!

Final Judgement

User Info Menu

Re: Fallout New Vegas

Dead Money- First DLC- This thing expressly warns you to be over 30 when starting... that's all you get as a warning, it was difficult as it had been awhile since I last played when I started. The 3 new followers were interesting as well as the whole perfect bank robbery thing added a good layer of depth, the ghost people were hard to kill at first because they will get back up... think Dead Space... not dead till dismembered, still this was a good dlc that has new weapons... bear trap fist... nuff said
    4/5

Honest Hearts- 2nd- This one was a little preachy on who to help, do you save the natives by uprooting them to become drifters or make them warriors and destroy this tribes peaceful history. I chose the latter as personal preference but this one really bored me and I hardly felt like exploring this place... The characters personalities were boring but their animations were beautifully rendered.
    2/5

Old World Blues-3rd- The newest release so far of the 5 that are planned, this one has over exaggerated SCIENCE! The scientist yell and are all lacking common sense which adds much needed lighter humor to this game. Add weird new enemies, talking house (each appliance has a different personality... shame my house killed the evil toaster...), and more weapons than you can shake a proton ax at. This is the best because you can still play it any time you want due to portal gun tech, so it is the only dlc you can return to at any time.
    5/5

The O.G.K. wants you! Fans of anime and manga unite. February 17, 2011 is Eternal Negi Fever Day! Sethrigal VI Reign commands you to celebrate that day!

Final Judgement

User Info Menu

I just got finished playing through the 4th dlc when bam 2 more hit... well don't get your hopes up 5 and 6(technically) will get reviewed to as I started them this morning.

The Lonsome Road-4th- This dlc is the finisher for most and it is the best dlc topping my old favorite old world blues... It features new weapons, enemies, and a damn fine plot. To start we have to take it back to before the game, The Divide, beautiful nuclear test sites and scenic views, now a great place to raise kids that will be scared by nuclear fire and hellish winds... the courier sometime before the game screwed it all up for everyone... Worst of all now the original #6, Ulysses, want's to meet you... Bring all your hell with you cause you'll need it! Over the course you'll learn the history find old world gear, and upgrades for our dear friend ED-E (upgrades carry over to Mohave ED-E). The dlc is straight forward in that is valleys and tunnels. The ending of this game is pretty heavy, by the end me and Ulysses were chatting it up like old friends as we watched the NCR and Legion burn before us... The might of the two couriers burned the world and that felt damn good...
    5/5

The two new dlcs that were added contained the Couriers stash (all the preorder packs, armor, guns, ect.), and Gun Runners Arsenal, new weapons and trials like kill an (ncr ranger, legion, abomination, robot) with this gun, or some other BS... screw it that gets nothing from me... I'm so far that most the easy ones have passed me... have to start a new data for fscking achievements...
    0/5 reviewed together as I don't need the preorder stuff at my level

Fallout New Vegas

User Info Menu

Bought Honest Hearts not too long ago. It sucked! I hate the whole religious theme.

[Today 12:00 AM] -.Z3U5.-: Quit tryig to get me to look at your big fat ass chode spinning around in circles.

Final Judgement

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SyKotik Cannon View Post
    Bought Honest Hearts not too long ago. It sucked! I hate the whole religious theme.
    It is what it is, a poor attempt to bring some hope of philosophy in a game that didn't need it, still the "Father in the mountain" logs were both interesting and funny