User Tag List

Thread: Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja: Storm 2

DEATH METAL

User Info Menu

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja: Storm 2

Of all the Naruto games released thus far, this one has to be my favorite. I'll start off with what I don't like in the game though. In the campaign you can technically free roam but it's not like what you might think. You must walk on pre-set paths to get to your destination but you can go anywhere you like whenever you want. I do not like how you must walk everywhere until you unlock the warp scrolls but this is only a minor set back in the game. Although the walking in the game is a let down, the boss battles are what pulls the campaign together. The boss battles are full of cinematic fight scenes where the player must time the buttons on screen with when they hit them on the controller, it makes the fights more fun and challenging.

What sets this game apart from any other Naruto game is the fighting. The fighting in this game shows the true colors of the fighting in the show (minus the speeches). Each fight is epic no matter what character you choose. It is a fast paced 360 degree fight that will sometimes last quite a while if both players are good.

The game features 43 playable characters from Naruto and a bonus character which is Lars Alexandersson from Tekken 6. There is no more having to remember thumb stick movements to perform jutsus, this time in order to perform jutsus all it takes is a few buttons. Normal jutsus is a simple tap of Y then B, and Ultimate jutsus is Y,Y then B. Simple right? But the game is much more in depth than that and it takes a lot of practice to beat skilled players.

Overall, I would give the game a 9.5 out of 10 and one of the best fighting games I've played in a long time. If you are a fan of the series, it is a definite buy.

Here is a video demonstrating some of the fighting in the game and the cinematic type boss battles. This is a video of Sasuke VS. Itachi.

Last edited by Sneaky Poptart; 12-13-2010 at 07:00 AM.

Final Judgement

User Info Menu

Re: Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja: Storm 2

I've wanted to get it for sometime, but with as many great games that came out this year it has become expensive to game... that being said it sounds like a good game and fixes the problems I had with jutsus

The O.G.K. wants you! Fans of anime and manga unite. February 17, 2011 is Eternal Negi Fever Day! Sethrigal VI Reign commands you to celebrate that day!

DEATH METAL

User Info Menu

Re: Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja: Storm 2

Yea, I know what you mean. It's worth the buy though if you have the money. The only problem I have is that none of my friends own the game so if I want to play multiplayer, I have to play online. Then I usually get people with cheap tactics and it's no fun anymore.