User Tag List

Thread: Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Final Judgement

User Info Menu

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Those of you that have played the last two will know how frikken glad I am that this game is in my hands. Don't get your hopes up yet, for all you know I may score it hard.

First, the game is old school, don't like text, too bad, don't like RPGs... why u reading this then? Still it's still the same well rounded battle system that people who've played know well. Story "events" are freely scripted so a base scripting of where and when is understandable, but the drop off points of no return are a bitch to figure out!

Second, the story events have text in red that tells you what they are when you touch them, good luck hitting them cause you will miss several, don't worry it's background info for first plays and story depth. It gets annoying very quickly.

Third, the battle system is turn-based gold, as expected, Djinn and Psyenergy is back, very epic summons made me... well to say it's epic is an understatement, JUDGEMENT! Weapons now have a limit power, use them enough and criticals and unleashed abilities.

Fourth, spoilers for fans, you've been warned
    Here is non spoilers all Dijinn now have different looks, also there are now more than 72, but over the game you can only get 72 of them

Character stuff is spoilers
    Spoiler
    Matthew is the son of Issac (Great hero, uber badass) and Jenna(lives in New Vale *not seen), Tyrell is Garret's son (... still Garret...), Karis is Ivan's daughter(Ivan not seen), Mia has two kids, Rief and Nowell(Mia not seen). Piers(not seen) is a captain and major trader in the world... Nowell(in game for 5 mins) is currently stalking him... reverse pedophilia? Felix and Sheba aren't seen either. Alex (wears a fourth of a mask and noone NOTICES HIM!? also good guy? and possibly Amiti's father). Amiti prince and water adapt. Himi, daughter of Susa and Kushinada (island people, dragon's bane battle from lost ages) Venus adapt and mystical physic. Sevta Jupiter adapt and beast woman. Eoleo son of rebound pirate Briggs(dies) and Mars adapt. Kraden (old man, Golden Sun made him immortal?).

biggest spoiler
    Spoiler
    it gonna lead to another game... it ain't over yet

Damn that winded me, so what do I rate this game, 7.5 of 10 still it isn't a bad game to play even if you never played the first two, also for those who saved their GBA games to transfer don't bother

The O.G.K. wants you! Fans of anime and manga unite. February 17, 2011 is Eternal Negi Fever Day! Sethrigal VI Reign commands you to celebrate that day!

DEATH METAL

User Info Menu

Re: Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

I haven't beat it yet so I didn't look at the spoilers but so far the game is awesome. I love that you can now have 72 Djinn which far exceeds the first two games. I like how the feel of the game is the same as in the first two, they didn't change too much. But I agree, if you like the first two then you'll definitely like this one.

Final Judgement

User Info Menu

there were 72 in the first two games, now there appears to be more, you're still limited to 72... so yeah

The O.G.K. wants you! Fans of anime and manga unite. February 17, 2011 is Eternal Negi Fever Day! Sethrigal VI Reign commands you to celebrate that day!

Final Judgement

User Info Menu

My post count before this was 777, mark of the human lol, I'm unhiding the spoilers (they're still bugged up) so don't read if you don't wanna

Matthew is the son of Issac (Great hero, uber badass) and Jenna(lives in New Vale *not seen), Tyrell is Garret's son (... still Garret...), Karis is Ivan's daughter(Ivan not seen), Mia has two kids, Rief and Nowell(Mia not seen). Piers(not seen) is a captain and major trader in the world... Nowell(in game for 5 mins) is currently stalking him... reverse pedophilia? Felix and Sheba aren't seen either. Alex (wears a fourth of a mask and noone NOTICES HIM!? also good guy? and possibly Amiti's father). Amiti prince and water adapt. Himi, daughter of Susa and Kushinada (island people, dragon's bane battle from lost ages) Venus adapt and mystical physic. Sevta Jupiter adapt and beast woman. Eoleo son of rebound pirate Briggs(dies) and Mars adapt. Kraden (old man, Golden Sun made him immortal?).

Also the series is far from over, just don't let it take another 10 years or so Nintendo and Camelot