User Tag List

Thread: Dragon Age II

Dragon Age II

User Info Menu

Dragon Age II

First off, this game is fucking amazing! Some of the special bonuses you get are pretty cheap, like hingsight and the boots of the frozen wastes. Which combined give you 127 fire/ nature res and 304 cold res. Better drops and 38 damage protection. Don't even get me started with the EA Store pre order bonus, 138 res to every element. Wish i pre ordered it there T.T. But anyway, the graphics are nice as hell, still look like DA:O but improved. The combat system is more dynamic, you do flips and shit. I've completed 2 quests with minimal fighting, I'm praying that's because I'm still in the City. You can alternate between the city at day and at night, and switch to the world map. I haven't gotten that far into it, but right now I'm giving it a 9.5/10!

Final Judgement

User Info Menu

Re: Dragon Age II

I'll write mine after it's set in, I like the combat so far but the story is so damn bland even British food is better than this

The O.G.K. wants you! Fans of anime and manga unite. February 17, 2011 is Eternal Negi Fever Day! Sethrigal VI Reign commands you to celebrate that day!

Dragon Age II

User Info Menu

I'm suprised Gameinformer gave it an 8.25, i usually like their ratings but i can't say im sure on this one.

Final Judgement

User Info Menu

After finally beating DA2, no thanks to the RRoD fakeout, seriously my 360's a manipulative bastard... here's my review
    The main story was really long and slow in all 3 acts because you never had a villain driving the story until the ends of the arcs... It annoyed the hell out of me... In fact I was in favor of the Arishok... up until the Viscount... well spoilers... anyway most secondary quests are bugged, main and side quests as well as hidden quests work much better than you'd think... Only one quest was so ridiculous broken it seems like they threw it in just for 10 mins of filler, not that it even worked mind you. Most quests add nothing to the story companion quests can really piss you off, in fact I half expect Fenris to become a meme, "You save Fenris from Slavery +30 rivalry!" And the DLC is terribly buggy I did everything for Sebastian but no achievements unlocked... WTF! Still the game was better than the first one if only for it's share of big damn hero moments where... damn spoilers... lets say mult-man melee... Time to rap this up I gotta leave soon

8 of 10 seriously this game is slow as hell during some runs... also I hate that their is absolutely no frikken middle ground, however giving the ending it looks like my Warden and Champion are going to either team up in DA3 or fight it out either way battle of gods!

The O.G.K. wants you! Fans of anime and manga unite. February 17, 2011 is Eternal Negi Fever Day! Sethrigal VI Reign commands you to celebrate that day!

Dragon Age II

User Info Menu

There are alot of bugs in the game. But it's BioWare and i've come to expect nothing less then an ultra-buggy release. Included with the level 50 glitch. People also can't find Finesse's sister dagger, which is believed to be the reward for a glitched quest. Also after being revived anyone would become immortal. I fought off 10 or so shades, a pride demon, and a blood mae because my Aveline couldn't die. Other then that I can't think of any other glitches. And I do admit, Act II was boring, I think I had over 9 hours of side missions. Which is almost half of my total gameplay.

Final Judgement

User Info Menu

I beat it topping out at 50+ hours, never had anyone become immortal, would've seriously helped against the high dragon, harvester, the two pride demons at once, my first giant spider... I was also lv 27 at the end... as for the sister dagger Finesse I was using the Low Blade and Carta's Right Hand... I gave Finesse to Isabella would've looked better than having that and a Qunari dagger

Dragon Age II

User Info Menu

The final boss fights were easy, I didn't die a single time. The game its self was easier, I would have died less then 5 times, but this one part i died like 10 times on T.T

Final Judgement

User Info Menu

Legacy DLC- I played this DLC right after it was released, it gave good backstory to Halke's father and his dealings with the Grey Wardens, mages and templars. The Unique weapon that the story gives you feels under powered even when up grading it, played as mage= good staff, rouge= cool hook blade that looks crappy with other weapons, no idea bout warrior... still new characters, and you will earn more plot to the dlc with either Bethany or Carver, Varric, and Anders. It is a good dlc that has unique redesigns on old enemies and is short like 3 to 4 hours depending on level.

Starting a new DLC ranking it will be out of 5
    4/5

I'll also throw in one for The Exiled Prince, Black Emporium, and The Mark of the Assassin

The Exiled Prince- One of the first DLC's released, extremely buggy it has since been patched. You get Sebastian a prince who ran out of his lands and became a priest, over the dlc you find the reasons behind this and can either reinforce his chantry vows or urge his to retake his lands... either way his inclusion fusked up the end of the story, no spoilers but his need to kill Anders is well deserved.
    4/5 for being patched now

Black Emporium- it's really a giant expensive shop with some funny codex entries and a mirror that can change your appearance, the only good "cheap" thing for you out of this is the summon dog ability that can add a summoned Malbari hound to your party, he can be named and interacted with

2/5 if it weren't for the dog I'd not review this

The Mark of the Assassin- It adds Tallis a temporary party member, shame I liked her... might see more of her in another dlc, you get to go on a rather expansive dlc that evolves a wyvren hunt, dinner party with humorous results "the viscount's assistant show up with tranny elf lol ", stealth mission, prison time, a little puzzle solving, dungeon crawling, and really funny if difficult boss battle

5/5 if Sebastian is like Zazed from ME2 the Tallis is Katsumi