User Info Menu

Gears of War 3 Limited Edition Unboxing and Review

High Quality Pictures
    Slideshow:
    ImageShack(TM) slideshow

Download:
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Review
    First the game is 3D, which is amazing! Looks great, didn't even need Blu-Ray to be 3D. What you know bout that Sony? Overall the game plays great, just like the other GoWs, but better. It actually brought back the GoW1 sniper, which meant exploding heads. Not to mention new sounds and new weapons. The Retro Lancer came into play where it was more powerful shots than the regular lancer, but featured a charge mode to haul ass towards enemies, and slash their bodies up into the air. The Sawed-Off was unfortunately brought into this virtual world, which features a one shot kill 180 degree radius. It's the only con I found with GoW3 was this overpowered overly used weapon. Of course I had to use it to stay ahead of the game, doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it though.

Checkout
    Looks like a Walmart. It's my favorite map as it features an ear screaching alarm system when a random weapon spawns.

Drydock
    A fairly decent map, but be prepared for shotgun whoring on this Call of Duty like map. Very laid out cover, and a straight up stealth mission. I like it, mainly cause when I think a shotgun whore is going to pop around the corner, my chainsaw is revved and ready to pop em.

Gridlock
    You heard right! Gridlock is back, only more destroyed, I mean, totally destroyed. . . Did a nuke go off? Tune in for single player to find that one out, but I do love this map, best of all it's now night time, so its even more of my favorite sniping map.

Hotel
    The moment you play this map you will fall in love, course you are kind of forced to, considering it will be the map everyone votes for 24/7 lol. Great map, combines the perfect 50/50 ration of inside vs outside, so if you like wide open outdoors, you got it. Like closed combat indoors? You got it. Choose your inner gamer carefully, cause if you choose to be inside when you should have let the dogs out, they will piss on your gave when they kill you.

Mercy
    Let's just say this map is never been voted for since the midnight release. Tried it once, now I understand why. It's similar to Old Town, but WAY more open. It's my least favorite map, but still would play on it, its reasonable.

Old Town
    My least favorite map. It's just overall hard to find anyone on this map. It's too big and to many corners in it. Reminds me of Marketplace in Socom Fireteam Bravo.

Overpass
    Creepy, eerie, get that feeling you are being watched? That's because you are, from the center of the map, my turret has you in it's sights. Doesn't mean it's accurate though, so excuse me shooting around you instead of at you. To top it all off the whole city is eating itself, and the saliva is water rising higher and higher in the streets.

Sandbar
    Lush green grass, free air, and 3D is 100% and kicking, wait. . . What was that? Ohh sorry it's just a 3D smudge on my 3D glasses. This map is the snap crack and pop, expressing full 3D graphics, and it looks so crystal freaking clear. Ohh were you wanting to know how it played? Sorry bout that, well remember Jungle in Call of Duty Black Ops? It reminds me a bit like that, but better. A giant rock in the middle for perfectly fighting off Locust or Cog. A stadium like structure which provides excellent cover for sniping, or if you are a nub, camping. Overall a great looking map, it's about 90% outdoors though. If you want some cover, try the barricades on the beach.

Thrashball
    This is a new map which takes place at a stadium, featuring a floating scoreboard which if shot will fall and kill anything below it. Be careful, you can kill your team mates with it.

Trenches
    This is a tactical map, which a laser sniper at the middle of the map along with mortars. So it's really a who's better with what situation. There is a con to this wonderful map however; After the first round, a huge sand storm rolls in, when I say huge, I mean it. You can't see your gun in front of you. All though pressing the tact button does help a bit.

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

Final Judgement

User Info Menu

Re: Gears of War 3 Limited Edition Unboxing and Review

Guess I'll justpiggyback my review on this... thanks for covering the multiplayer anyway.Right to the Story mode, this game features regular and arcade... haven'tplayed arcade yet, but lets focus on the story mode. To begin with this game isbeautiful and it quite long for a gears campaign, around 8-10 hours for mynormal run, it will take me a little more time for insane. Gears 3 is equitantof how I felt about Halo Reach, it took till late in the 3rd chapter to reallyget the blood flowing, the new guns felt weak and I mostly stuck to the lancerand gnasher shotgun(old one), they made the lambent so difficult at certainpoints a boomshot to the face only pissed them off! The enemies you fight rangefrom zerg rush tactics to god like tactical precision! The melee option is practicallyworthless as the lambent enemies explode in your face, the locust got significantupgrades themselves but they rush to their death much faster than their bettercounterparts. The new team on gears adds 4 player co-op Marcus, Dom, Cole andBarid are the staple team. Anya, Sam, Jace, Dizzy, and the 3rd Carmine are the interchangeablecharacters that follow you on certain missions. The team ai will get lost orrun ahead if you get downed... so DON'T DIE! The main highlights would bethe stellar views… of dark corridors and one really nice hotel, hell the bestpart would be the submarine level… The last thing that needs to be noted is theexperience system, it logs everything and has a shit-ton of medals, unlockables…(way to damn many skins for guns for all skins on Live marketplace 3600 points,Fsck that)the unlockables themselves are multiplayer charters, skins, andfinishing moves… that last one floored me this morning 2/50 kills with Diggertill unlock finisher WTF! Still this is the final game in this series it isover, unless hidden ending on insane… I’ll start playing it when I take offearly today…

Gears 3, 8.5 of10
    The fsck theydidn’t kill Carmine… that’s pure bu… mumble mumble mumble

The O.G.K. wants you! Fans of anime and manga unite. February 17, 2011 is Eternal Negi Fever Day! Sethrigal VI Reign commands you to celebrate that day!