User Tag List

Thread: Persona 4 Golden

Final Judgement

User Info Menu

Persona 4 Golden

Hell's just froze over as I'm posting on something Sony... If Microsoft's gonna screw the gamers I jump ship before the carnage... This aside I've had a love hate thing with Shin Megami games but persona I can get behind. I'll do a review on 3 and maybe 1 and 2, pending I beat 3 and I buy 1 and 2...

SO! We start with Souji... I mean Yu... I mean HERO! argh continuity snarl... Since I've watched the anime it's Yu, the mc is a blank slate and you have to improve him... This is a game that relies on replay, mostly cause the funny reaction require high courage, expression, and 3 other skills that are raise from books, side quests, and part time jobs... But there's only one thing you need to know... SOCIAL LINKS, SOCIAL LINK, SOCIAL LINKS! I'd do the full wind up for a Hiimdaisy joke but to long to type... You need to dating sim this game son! Make a chart of times and dates, schedule events son! Old school relationship management. The relationship allow new persona, Persona are the internal view of one's self, avoiding psychology lessons, love your fscked up inner self get a bad-ass mythical animal or god to fight shadows... Shadows are internal self we repress and persona are the true ever evolving self with in our hearts we accept. Your crew of super powered teens are comic relief crouching moron hidden badass Yosuke, the thick headed carnivore who loves marshal arts Chie, the beautifully and terrifyingly naive Yukiko, the sexually confused tough guy Kanji, the bubbly sinful idol Rise, and my waifu the reverse trap mini detective Naoto... Over the game you solve the mystery of the Midnight Channel, the murders and kidnappings, as well as the real truth of the (wo)man behind the man, behind the jerkass, manipulating one heart in the right place bastard, and some kid who clacked a real asshole over the head... Just when you think you're done bam another dungeon.

Right I've only talked about the social links real world stuff, where's the RPG stuff? Yu being special can summon any persona based on finding the cards after a battle, fusions, and maxing social links... Yeah you want that lv 91 Izanagi no Okami? Then talk to that old lady about her husband, convince some bitchy teenager she's worth something, hit on that hot night shift nurse, hit on that newly married wife whose husband is away on business, make people overcoming crippling self esteem issues! Yeah it's an on going joke in arena that you're the Legendary Ladies Man of Inaba...Anyway you move on a floor by floor grid mapped system fighting enemies, opening chest, running from that rattling chain noise... I dare ya open that chest... You have access to all sorts of moves and persona's all of which have great animations. There's no more than 10 floors to any area but later dungeons have backtracking as a main function. Bosses are all unique and fun to fight... cept Margaret... 2 an a half hours...

It's a fun game with plenty of replay value... I'm on 3rd play through and only have 2 more trophies to get...

8.5 out of 10
    Last edited by Sethrigal; 07-23-2013 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Typo

The O.G.K. wants you! Fans of anime and manga unite. February 17, 2011 is Eternal Negi Fever Day! Sethrigal VI Reign commands you to celebrate that day!