User Tag List

Thread: If you've ever gotten the RROD

If you've ever gotten the RROD

User Info Menu

Have you ever gotten the red ring of death for no reason. Like one time i was sitting at a friends house and i had my foot on my powerbrick. My foot slipped and it caused me to unplug the power cord from the powerbrick. I just reached down and plugged it back in my 360 gave me the 3 red lights and I freaked out. I didnt have a warranty or anything and all I could think was that im going to have to buy a new 360. Luckily after a few more attempts of restarting and unplugging my 360 it worked again. So anyways the point i'm getting to is, I want to here your crazy retarded stories on how your 360 red ringed and how or if you fixed it.
    If you want your 360 custom painted contact me

Final Judgement

User Info Menu

Re: If you've ever gotten the RROD

I got 3 tales to tale

1. my first 360 I took it to my friends house it worked fine, and the next day I plugged it in, and well... needless to say I waited about 2 months before sending in my 360, I was lazy and didn't care much and then here begins my second story

2. my new 360 arrived and it's been with me for 2 years now, no complaints, minor overheating if anything, Johnny came over to deliver my Acekard for my DS and we played DS mostly and my 360 overheated and flashed 3 red lights scared me, Johnny was looking the other way and didn't see it, as with most things he has slow reactions, he left and lol'ed about how much I freaked out

3. this one happened about 2 weeks ago, I went over to Dethshadow's house and played my 360, again nothing bad happened but when I got home I started playing Overlord 2, which wasn't my game it was D's, my 360 apparently hates the game, because it overheats regularly if I play more than 2 hours, but off topic, I put it in started playing walked away and came back still working fine got in the middle of a battle and my 360 goes "weroooo" then made a grinding noise plus the 3 red lights. it still plays fine the disc wasn't damaged but thats not the point this 360 likes playing sick jokes

The O.G.K. wants you! Fans of anime and manga unite. February 17, 2011 is Eternal Negi Fever Day! Sethrigal VI Reign commands you to celebrate that day!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SoulShiver View Post
    I didnt have a warranty or anything
    All 360's have a 3 year warranty.

PURE AWSOMENESS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by H0LY.J3SUS View Post
    All 360's have a 3 year warranty.
    Not if its stolen.

User Info Menu

i got the Jasper chip

[Today 12:00 AM] -.Z3U5.-: Quit tryig to get me to look at your big fat ass chode spinning around in circles.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mexjoker95 View Post
    Not if its stolen.
    No...it still has the warranty.

Saucerful of Secrets

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by H0LY.J3SUS View Post
    No...it still has the warranty.
    You can still send it in; even if it's stolen all that it takes to get a replacement is the serial number and a shipping form.
    Yeah, idiot.

Led Zeppelin
    Adam Andersen likes his women how he likes black people. He doesn't like black people.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    You can still send it in; even if it's stolen all that it takes to get a replacement is the serial number and a shipping form.
    Yeah. With my case the fuckers sent it back because it was refurbished and the warranty stickers were removed I think because some other company fixed it.
    Every man for himself. You trust no one but yourself, if you want something done you do it your self don't rely on others. You watch your own back, you fight your own fights its you against the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Some phag
    -.BUS.-'s mommy says to Cannon, "I love you,
    I love you, I love you"
    The Cannon on the bus says, "I love you, too"
    All through the town.

Saucerful of Secrets

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Yeah. With my case the fuckers sent it back because it was refurbished and the warranty stickers were removed I think because some other company fixed it.
    Policies protect their right to deny your console if you have removed the warranty stickers. Obviously Microsoft won't repair a modified unit, and seeing that there is no reason to remove the sticker other than for modification purposes, it's almost definite that you can't get a free repair. Have you tried paying $99 USD for servicing?
    Yeah, idiot.

Led Zeppelin
    Adam Andersen likes his women how he likes black people. He doesn't like black people.