User Tag List

Thread: My buddy got e74

My buddy got e74

User Info Menu

My buddy got e74

(holy shit! BB is posting a thread in the 360 section!!!)

So my friend got the e74 error (and 1 RROD). Is there any way to fix it? His parents got him a new one, but since he has the broken one I figured maybe there's a fix for it so I can get an xbox and kick johnny's ass in whatever game he plays (I'm not interested in 360's so idk what the most popular game is right now)

site n00b

User Info Menu

Re: My buddy got e74

you have to know what your doing
    but you can take it apart and use a heat gun and heat compound to fix it
    thats what i did with our ps3 when it got the yellow light of death and it's the same problem with 360s usually
    overheating of the heat compound cause the manufacturers were lazy and put way to much on and put it on shitty

My buddy got e74

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by B1G_BR0TH3R View Post
    (holy shit! BB is posting a thread in the 360 section!!!)

So my friend got the e74 error (and 1 RROD). Is there any way to fix it? His parents got him a new one, but since he has the broken one I figured maybe there's a fix for it so I can get an xbox and kick johnny's ass in whatever game he plays (I'm not interested in 360's so idk what the most popular game is right now)
    Does it still have the warranty? Send it to MS

Today 08:35 PM] SmokeyG12: oo i thought he was try to spell grabbed lol
    [Today 08:33 PM] CoDeX: WHO THE F*CK PUT THAT "G" THERE?
    [Today 08:31 PM] Djlatino: lol IMMA GRAPE YOU IN THE MOUTH

My buddy got e74

User Info Menu

opening it an heating up or watever works but.... i heard its only a temp fix so.. if his 360 isnt modded they have a year exsteion on there warranty for that problem

My buddy got e74

User Info Menu

Yes you can fix it e74 error is when these two tiny chips on the 360's mobo that over heat and then shut down sometimes the lead free solder cracks and causes a rrod but a reflow or the RROD mod will fix it. i would use this to repare it http://team-xecuter.com/rrod/ i used it when my 360 got the RROD. Here is their How To Guide http://team-xecuter.com/install-rrod/

PM me if you need further help

~sorry for the link to a diff site~

My buddy got e74

User Info Menu

If it has warranty send it to MS. If it still keeps fucking up then try to fix it yourself. (Google search "Xbox 360 penny trick" or something like that).

My buddy got e74

User Info Menu

if it doesnt have a warranty try the towel trick

Final Judgement

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Commander_John. View Post
    if it doesnt have a warranty try the towel trick
    Yes the sooner you act the better... I waited too long on mine so even the towel trick wouldn't work... luckily the warranty was extended and problem solved

The O.G.K. wants you! Fans of anime and manga unite. February 17, 2011 is Eternal Negi Fever Day! Sethrigal VI Reign commands you to celebrate that day!

My buddy got e74

User Info Menu

i gave the solution the towel trick does more harm then good and its only temporary.