Elfen Lied (Spoilers)

1. Nathan Explosion
    Nathan Explosion
    This is to discuss the anime/manga of Elfen Lied.

Now considering the anime only, do you think Lucy/Nyu is still alive? After the scene where she is on the bridge and the soldiers shoot her other horn off, someone appears at Kouta's gate and the grandfather clock starts working again. Do you think that was Lucy?
  2. Sethrigal
    Sethrigal
    I studied this anime all night, and this is now my sixth favorite anime

Conjecture aside, I came up with three different explanations, 1. The music box stopped that means either symbolical Lucy is dead (this is covered in last point I make) or Kohta forgave Lucy and let go of his grudge over his father's and sister's death. 2 The clock indicates that Lucy's time has ended and Nyu's time has begun (This is also subjected to representation although I look at this more poetically) 3. Nyu is at the gate and from my research when horns are shot of a diclonius they go into a comatose state and because there were 2 personalties maybe Lucy is dormant or dead

This is purely subjective mind you and buying the collectors edition had no extras on it so as an advisory to everyone buy the regular unless you like box art and the box art on the collectors edition is pretty sweet
  3. Nathan Explosion
    Nathan Explosion
    I think they are all reasonable thoughts for the ending. I would have to go with #3 being the closest though because the manga goes further than the bridge scene. In the manga Lucy is still alive but the gate scene is not portrayed. (you have to know how to read Japanese to read the manga though, I don't think they made an English version of it). And yea, Elfen Lied is definitely in my top favorite anime list. Also there is Witchblade, Tokko and Claymore.
  4. Sethrigal
    Sethrigal
    If the manga exists in english I can find it no problem, I start looking for it

Its on onemanga in english
    http://www.onemanga.com/Elfen_Lied/1/00/
  5. Nathan Explosion
    Nathan Explosion
    Ah! Thank you, I'll probably read it again.
  6. Sethrigal
    Sethrigal
    Unless anything else is said I declare this discussion a success good job to the only 2 people who know what this show is about... we need more Otakus...
  7. Nathan Explosion
    Nathan Explosion
    Lol and yea we do. Maybe we could send out some invites. It's just people probably don't know about the group or do not have anything to do with groups. We should find people who watch/read anime/manga and invite them to join and talk about their favorites.