Cirque Du Freak Manga

1. Nathan Explosion
    Nathan Explosion
    I don't know if anyone has actually read the Cirque Du Freak series by Darren Shan but it is a very good series. If you don't already know they have made a movie (not too good, didn't stick to the story as much) and now they have a manga version. An author by the name of Arai Takahiro won a contest by sending his artwork to Darren Shan and started making a manga. So far the manga is complete in Japan but only up to volume 4 is released in English. Personally, I believe he is doing a very good job at keeping to the story considering having to fit a whole book's story into about 10 chapters of a manga. There are a few details that could be different but I am not complaining as I am enjoying the volumes so far. The most recent volume out is "Vampire Mountain" which is volume 4. Volume 5 will release in English in April this year and should be entitled "Trials of Death" if Takahiro continues to follow the book's titles.
  2. Sethrigal
    Sethrigal
    Yes and vol 4 was very interesting usually as a general rule you never see vampires as civilized creature you think more of what's refereed to as the "vampanise" these foul skinned human killers caused a rift in the hierarchy of the vampires. The thing about this that makes it intersting was the charater depth each person in the circus is intersting form the snake boy Evra to the little person Lefty.
  3. Nathan Explosion
    Nathan Explosion
    Yes and I think Volume 4/book 3 (Vampire Mountain) was one of the more interesting ones. Have you read the book series? I think the next one will be really good also (if they stick to the original story).
  4. Sethrigal
    Sethrigal
    Only read the manga and bought the first two got my mom hooked on it
  5. Nathan Explosion
    Nathan Explosion
    Lol, my parents would never get into manga/anime.
  6. Sethrigal
    Sethrigal
    My mother watches Naruto, Bleach, Shuffle!(watching it together gets weird), Ouran Host Club, Tsubasa Chronicle, XXXHolic, and Fruits Basket.

This aside Cirque Du Freak was an intersting purchase an I look foward to looking up the movie, of course I would rather watch the anime
  7. Nathan Explosion
    Nathan Explosion
    Maybe they will make an adaption. Don't have high hopes for the movie (just don't want you to be let down). The movie comes out on dvd on February 23 I believe.