User Tag List

Thread: [Tutorial] Getting Firmware + Pandora's Battery

[Tutorial] Getting Firmware + Pandora's Battery

User Info Menu

ALL OF MY LINKS WILL BE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE!!!

Custom Firmware and.....
    (I'm not sure if many people play this game other then me, online at least, but what I'm going to teach you is how to hack Socom FTB2.)

First off you're going to need to know some basic terms like what "Custom Firmware" is. If you already know what it is and have it then just scroll down. Custom firmware is designed for you psp. It's like the Sony versions like 3.00 or whatever it is. This instead was made by a guy named Dark Alex. He created this type of firmware (m33) in attempt to make your psp a little bit more interactive (which he succeeded). Now that you know what custom firmware is you have to learn how to get it on your psp. Here's the problem. In order for you to put it on your PSP you're going to need to downgrade your psp. That's not as simple as you would think. You're going to need something called a Pandora's Battery which will downgrade it for you, and a magic memory stick. The Pandora's battery can also be used for unbricking your PSP. There is this INCREDIBLE website that sends out the batter any the memory stick all together ready to go (where you can just download the newest firmware and you're done!) I bought mine off of this website, although there are ways to make your own battery and memory stick. To make your own follow this instruction. (There is a youtube video at the bottom)

REQUIREMENTS :
    1) A spare PSP battery (recommended) , any make will do .

2) A spare memory stick PRO DUO (it has to be PRO DUO)

3) A PSP with Custom firmware ( OE or M33) or a 1.5 PSP. (Which I mentioned at that bottom)

INSTALLATION :
    1) Take out the 1.5 or Custom firmware PSP ( OE or M33) and put in the spare memorystick (it has to be pro duo) and spare battery that you wanna modify .

2) Now you gotta format the memory stick . Scroll to SETTINGS > SYSTEM SETTINGS > FORMAT MEMORY STICK

3) OK now download this pack from here . and EXTRACT it with WinRAR . Don't have Winrar Download it from here

4) Now extract the PANDORA folder from the downloaded pack to the desktop . Inside the Pandora folder you will find two other folders "msinst" and "mspformat"

5) Connect you PSP to the PC via USB cable .

6) Now in you computer go to START > RUN and type in CMD and click on OK . A black box will popout .

7) Here's kinda the confusing part . your computer might show C:\ or C:\Documents and Setting\Username> … Now I told you to you to extract the folders to the Desktop . So copy the location of the msformat picture here paste it followed by the drive letter of your PSP (eg my psp drive removable disk (I:) the letter is I )

Now if your PC shows C:/ in your CMD copy the address bar and paste it in followed by the letter of your psp drive .

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Desktop\PANDORA\mspformat\mspfor mat.exe I

IF you PC shows C:\Documents and Setting\Username> copy the address bar and paste it in followed by the letter of your psp drive

C:\Documents and Setting\Username>Desktop\PANDORA\mspformat\mspform at.exe I

8) Keep trying till you get this prompt (like mine) :

>>> C:\Documents and Setting\Username>Desktop\PANDORA\mspformat\mspform at.exe I
    >>> You are about to format the drive I .
    >>> All Data will be lost . Do you want to continue? [Y]
    Then you type in y and you will see
    >>> Drive successfully formatted, and partition moved.
    After that you can close the CMD box

9) Disconnect your psp from the PC and remove the memory card and turn of the PSP , then place the MS (MS=memory stick) back in and turn the PSP on . Then reconnect you PSP to the Pc . NOTE: You have to do this …

10) Now download this pack from here , extract it with WinRar and copy the PSP folder and the UPDATE.PBP to the ROOT of the PSP memory stick . If you you have a 1.5 PSP no problem , If you have Custom Firmware make sure you turn on the 1.5 kernel mode ( to know how see here)

11) Disconnect your PSP . Scroll to GAME and click on "Pandora's Battery Firm. Installer" it will take a few moments . After its done remove the MS from the PSP turn it off then place it back in and turn the PSP back on again, you HAVE to do this .

12) Connect your PSP to the PC . A Few files and folders will be formed in your ROOT , now copy the msipl.bin from the root to the "msinst Folder" which is inside your extracted Pandora folder . It should look like this

13) Here we go again START >RUN type in CMD . That black box will open again . Now copy the address of the msinst.exe followed by the PSP drive letter followed by the address of the msipl.bin

Now if your PC shows C:/ in your CMD it should be something like this (with reference to PSP's drive as I)

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Desktop\PANDORA\msinst\msinst.ex e I Documents and Settings\username\Desktop\PANDORA\msinst\msipl.bin

IF you PC shows C:\Documents and Setting\Username> then it will look something like this :

C:\Documents and Settings\username>Desktop\PANDORA\msinst\msinst.ex e I Desktop\PANDORA\msinst\msipl.bin

If you did it right you will get a prompt like (this promp will differ from PC to PC) :

>>> PSP MS IPL Installer
    >>> Load IPL code msipl.bin
    >>> 241664 bytes(59 block) readed
    >>> Target DRIVE is 1
    >>> Check partation Sector
    >>> boot status 0x80
    >>> start head 0x0B
    >>> start sec/cyl 0x0018
    >>> partation type 0x06
    >>> last head 0x7F
    >>> last sec/cyl 0xCFE0
    >>> abs sector 0x00000177
    >>> ttl sector 0x0003CF689
    >>> signature 0xAA55
    >>> Check BPB Sector
    >>> signature AA55
    >>> Check free reserved sector:OK
    >>> Write ABS Sector 0x10 to 0x1E7
    >>> Are You Sure ?[Y]

Type in Y and you will get

>>> Write MS BOOT CODE

Congrats you now have a Magic Memory stick . Now Disconnect your psp from the PC and remove the memory card and turn of the PSP , then place the MS back in and turn the PSP on .

NOTE : if you get

>>> PSP MS IPL Installer
    >>> Load IPL code msipl.bin
    >>>Can't open msipl.bin

The location (address) of the msipl.bin is WRONG (i got this like 100 times until I figured it out just keep trying …)

NOW MAKING THE PANDORA UNBRICKING BATTERY :

14) After you have the magic MS leave it in the PSP then , Turn on your psp and go to Pandora's battery Creator , make sure you have the spare battery in it . I Recommend backing up so you can make the pandora battery into a normal one press "triangle " first it will back up then go to "Pandora's battery Creator" again and press X … You normal spare battery is now a … PANDORA UNBRICKING BATTERY … WOO HOO… You did it .

NOTE :when the Pandora's battery Creator loads and if you get "ERROR at address 0x27" or a similar error you are screwed , you cant turn that battery into a Pandora battery but you can use it as a normal battery . Use another battery and try again . How do I know this ??? coz I got screwed too : P
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now that you have all of that down you can download homebrew applications like DOOM for the PSP and Emulaters so you can play GBA, SEGA, N64, GB, AND MANY MORE Games on your PSP!

Now to get to the Socom FireTeam Bravo 2 part...

Hacking on socom is pretty simple once you have all of that down. All you need to do is download SaNiK's nitepr and/or NOFX's BakonICE and you should be set! (Links below) READ THE README'S! THEY'RE THERE FOR A REASON!!!

I hope this helped at least one person.

My socom name is [M4A1} Mr.iHack

Peace.

For Custom Firmware: http://dark-alex.org/ Download 5.00 M33-4
    For Pandora's Battery Website (To Buy): http://www.pandorabattery.net
    For the LED (I Suggest): http://www.pandorabattery.net/ledpabamame.html
    For the YouTube video to make your own battery: YouTube - How to make Pandora Battery using original slim battery
    For NitePR: http://sanik.imk.cx/nitePR/
    For BakonICE: http://code.google.com/p/bakonice/downloads/list

REP + PLEASE!!!
    Last edited by Zeus; 02-20-2009 at 04:38 AM.

User Info Menu

Re: [Tutorial] Getting Firmware + Pandora's Battery

Very Nice Post

User Info Menu

1.posted before (just SEARCH)
    2. for some reason I think you just copied this from somewhere

iHack

User Info Menu

nice...
    Somebody Helps You, Always REP+

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by computermatt View Post
    Although it may have been posted before, I tried to make it a little more simple. (As hard as that can be)

And yes, The installation and creation of the magic memory stick was copied from Wiki-Answers but everything else was all me!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.iHack View Post
    Although it may have been posted before, I tried to make it a little more simple. (As hard as that can be)

And yes, The installation and creation of the magic memory stick was copied from Wiki-Answers but everything else was all me!
    that is hard i did it a way more simple way than that!!!!!!!!

User Info Menu

Very Nice Post

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by computermatt View Post
    http://www.ehow.com/how_2269039_pand...ory-stick.html

:P
    Every man for himself. You trust no one but yourself, if you want something done you do it your self don't rely on others. You watch your own back, you fight your own fights its you against the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Some phag
    -.BUS.-'s mommy says to Cannon, "I love you,
    I love you, I love you"
    The Cannon on the bus says, "I love you, too"
    All through the town.

The Destroyer

User Info Menu

Hey if you want I have a Guide on Hard modding A pandora If you want to link to it you can