User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upgrading to the newest M33

Upgrading to the newest M33

User Info Menu

Okay, my old forum name was "TheTrueAnimosity", and I used to be super into hacking (I was the owner of an 800+ member PSP hacking site, mainly an FTB2 clan, WeAreChaotix), but I put down my PSP for awhile to focus on school.

Well, I decided to pick up my PSP again, well, my brothers, mine is broken, and I belive his was 3.73 m33, or something like that (I don't know what the new firmwares are).

Is there a way to upgrade to the newest (5.0 I believe) without having to use the pandoras battery? (I lost mine).

User Info Menu

Re: Upgrading to the newest M33

u only need a pandora battery to downgrade. every1 thinks u need it for cfw but u dnt only if u need to down grade in this case ur upgrading so u just need the eboot
    The Great Don't Achieve Greatness By Doing Nothing..

User Info Menu

Thank-you for the quick reply!

I haven't done any of this homebrew stuff forever and I feel like such a noob. :S

I used to be obsessed with this stuff, but i've been reading over this forum and it's refreshing my mind.

I even wrote my own complete PSP hacking guide that I have posted on my old-old site, and it was REALLY good.

It was for the 3.71 m33-4 though.

Could you link me to an upgrading tutorial from 3.71 m33 (or it may be 3.9x m33) to 5.0 please?

User Info Menu

What is your current firmware?

I havn't tried this, this isn't tested, but I guess you can try. Remember I havn't tested this. And if this doesn't work, then I guess you have to get a Pandora Battery and a Magic Memory Stick.

*REMEMBER, THIS HASN'T BEEN TESTED, SO IDK WHAT WILL HAPPEN*

If you have OFFICIAL SONY Firmware lower then 5.00, then you can download these two files:
    500.PBP: http://rapidshare.com/files/154173870/500.PBP
    5.00 M33-6 EBOOT.PBP: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PLU7DL0N

After downloading the 500.PBP and the 5.00 M33-6 Updater, plug your PSP into the computer via USB cable and cut/copy and paste the 'PSP' folder in the root of your memory stick. Then cut/copy and paste the 500.PBP in ms0:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE. Then after that, disconnect the USB Connection and run the EBOOT.PBP from your XMB. It will not say EBOOT.PBP, I forgot what it says, but you will see an icon of a 5.00 M33-6 Update. Run the update, and just wait a couple minutes, and your done =P

Rep+ if this helped.
    .: PSN iD - KaoTiiK_ReFLeX :.

The Destroyer

User Info Menu

Ok for short When you download The 5.00m33-6 (or whatever) put the "Update Folder" in you're Game Folder and if that one doesn't have it Just make the Update folder and put the Eboot.Pbp in it

and THIS DOES WORK I KNOW I DID IT TO MY PSP

User Info Menu

I know how to hack guys, I've downgraded and installed 3.71 m33-4 on 6+ PSP's (all my brothers and friends), both slims and fats, and even written my own hacking guide, I just haven't done anythign in a while so I'll need to have my memory refreshed.

My brothers PSP (the one I will be using) is 3.71 m33 or 3.9x (I can't remember what the x is) m33, so I'll just have to upgrade to 5 m33 (for the themes).

When I find out for sure what firmware it is, I'll reply back to this thread.

IF its 3.71 m33, can I just upgrade to 5.0 m33 from 3.71, or do I have to upgrade to 3.9, 4.0, etc. before I can upgrade to 5.0?

The Destroyer

User Info Menu

I upgraded from 3.71 to 5.00m33 so yes you can I'm not promising anything though

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Bane View Post
    I upgraded from 3.71 to 5.00m33 so yes you can I'm not promising anything though
    Okay I just checked, and it's 3.9x m33.

If I wanted to upgrade straight to 5.00 from 3.9x, how would I go about doing so?

The Destroyer

User Info Menu

3.9x? Ok i've heard of OFW, OE-A and M33 but 3.9x?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Blaargblaarg View Post
    Okay I just checked, and it's 3.9x m33.

If I wanted to upgrade straight to 5.00 from 3.9x, how would I go about doing so?
    Darth Bane, 3.9x = 3.90, 3.91, 3.92 anything on 3.90-9

Blaarg follow what prestige said here..

Things you need:

500.PBP: http://rapidshare.com/files/154173870/500.PBP
    5.00 M33-6 EBOOT.PBP: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PLU7DL0N

After downloading the 500.PBP and the 5.00 M33-6 Updater, plug your PSP into the computer via USB cable and cut/copy and paste the 'PSP' folder in the root of your memory stick. Then cut/copy and paste the 500.PBP in ms0:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE. Then after that, disconnect the USB Connection and run the EBOOT.PBP from your XMB. It will not say EBOOT.PBP, I forgot what it says, but you will see an icon of a 5.00 M33-6 Update. Run the update, and just wait a couple minutes, and your done =P

Rep+ if this helped.
    Thats how you do it.
    Every man for himself. You trust no one but yourself, if you want something done you do it your self don't rely on others. You watch your own back, you fight your own fights its you against the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Some phag
    -.BUS.-'s mommy says to Cannon, "I love you,
    I love you, I love you"
    The Cannon on the bus says, "I love you, too"
    All through the town.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast