User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ipod Touch Help

Ipod Touch Help

User Info Menu

Ipod Touch Help

I'm trying to hack my 2.2.1 2nd gen. ipod touch, I try to use quickpwn and when I choose the firmware, it just stops loading and it freezes, plus everywhere I see the ipod touch picture is on the left of the window and mine is just blank. I'm a complete ipod hacking noob so please I need help! Mass reward will be given for the solution that gets me to hack it.

Ipod Touch Help

User Info Menu

Re: Ipod Touch Help

http://redsn0w.com/

download windows one, download .ipsw from another place, run quickpwn again, then follow redsn0w directions

Saucerful of Secrets

User Info Menu

I am having the EXACT, I mean EXACT same problem. 32 Gb iTouch 2g, and it freezes when I select the firmware. Cookies and Soda to whoever gives me all the links i need for 2.2.1 hacking.
    Yeah, idiot.

Led Zeppelin
    Adam Andersen likes his women how he likes black people. He doesn't like black people.

Ipod Touch Help

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I am having the EXACT, I mean EXACT same problem. 32 Gb iTouch 2g, and it freezes when I select the firmware. Cookies and Soda to whoever gives me all the links i need for 2.2.1 hacking.
    Haha someone who is on the same boat with me, plus he is my butt buddy. :p

Rawr im a Bear

User Info Menu

Hopefully this helps u :)

This tut or just go to this page of site
    http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/...d.php?t=139120
    [may need to register I dont remember i been member for a while. sorry if against the rules.]
    [QUOTE=dancool999;1245724]
    +

Windows Vista 64-Bit LIBUSB Tutorial
    Welcome to the Windows Vista 64-Bit Redsn0w Jailbreak tutorial. This tutorial explains how to get LibUSB working on 64-Bit Windows Vista computers only. The 64-Bit mod was originally created for Playstation 3 controllers. This Tutorial is for LIBUSB only and should work with any GUI, for the actual jailbreak use a Tutorial or GUI.

NEW METHOD BETA: http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/...r /> t=148985

NEW METHOD BETA: http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/...d.php?t=148985

Download LIB-64 Folder
    Download LibUsb 32-Bit Installation (If you have not already)
    Download Readyboot (Recommended, but optional)

1) Extract files from LIB-64-Bit Folder, place in perm location because you can't move/delete folder after installed.

2) Open Folder and Run inf-wizard, click next, and select either the "USB Composite Device" or the "Apple Device" (if you iPod is plugged in) from the list and click next twice.

3) When save dialog comes up name it "setup" and click save and exit from program.

4) Open Control Panel and search "Add hardware" Select "Install drivers for older devices with Add Hardware wizard". (WINDOWS 7 Users: Search for "hdwwiz.exe" for add hardware wizard)

5) Select Install hardware manually from list, Select "Show all Devices", Click Have Disk, Browse your computer to the LIBUSB-64 folder and find the file
    "setup". Then click next to install. If you get an error about compatibility just ignore it and continue.

6) Now install LibUSB-32 Bit Exe installation, make sure you set compatibility mode to Windows XP SP2 (Right click on installation file, click properties, Compatibility tab, Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP Sp2 and click OK)

6) READ IMPORTANT MESSAGE! Now you must restart your computer but REMEMBER TO PRESS F8 DURING BOOT!! A screen will appear and scroll down to select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" and click enter. You must do this every time you boot your computer or you will get the Blue Screen of Death." (There is an automated faster way to do this I will explain later.)

8) After reboot your computer should have LIBUSB installed. To test if it worked, plug in your iPod and open "testlibusb-win" in the USBLIB-64 folder, scroll down and if you see "- Manufacturer : Apple Inc. - Product : iPod" listed, you correctly installed LIBUSB and can now Jailbreak/Boot normally by a GUI program or manually. [Click for picture]

9) For a faster way to boot your computer without pressing F8 every time, install Readyboot to automatically select Disable Driver Enforcement every time. Do not touch any settings during setup (just click next). (Unless you dual-boot your computer you may need to change keystrokes during Setup).
    Last edited by Bearrr; 05-16-2009 at 07:32 AM.
    SiNiST3R-Sp4rK and Ultima fan :)

REP++ if You liked my post and I shall rep u back
    Today, 05:03 PM 400 posts reached :) (saturday may 23 2009)

Ipod Touch Help

User Info Menu

You must do this every time you boot your computer or you will get the Blue Screen of Death
    That is ridiculous!

Ipod Touch Help

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Pickle View Post
    That is ridiculous!
    Yes it is. You can most likely uninstall the drivers so it just won't function properly and you won't have to do that. I would do what Big Brother said ^ there first.
    Every man for himself. You trust no one but yourself, if you want something done you do it your self don't rely on others. You watch your own back, you fight your own fights its you against the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Some phag
    -.BUS.-'s mommy says to Cannon, "I love you,
    I love you, I love you"
    The Cannon on the bus says, "I love you, too"
    All through the town.

Rawr im a Bear

User Info Menu

no u dont gotta do that =/ just on vista but there something u can add to computer so it automatically do it haha i dont even notice it does it its mad fast but thats on only 64-bit but for xp u dont gotta I dont even think u gotta now really for untetherd

Ipod Touch Help

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Yes it is. You can most likely uninstall the drivers so it just won't function properly and you won't have to do that. I would do what Big Brother said ^ there first.
    and if you STILL CAN'T get it to work I will be more then happy to make a 2.2.1 custom install file and upload it

Rawr im a Bear

User Info Menu

So can I xD i have mine jail broken.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast