User Tag List

Thread: Need help with custom firmware

Need help with custom firmware

User Info Menu

Hi,

I am new to hacking and was dragged in trying to install Nite PR onto my PSP. With that accomplished I was thinking that I was ready to kick some ass online( though with practice I do without hacks) my problem is. When I went to go to Recovery mode I came to find out that to get Recovery Mode I must have custom firmware. I thought not a biggie Ill just look it up dowload what I need follow the intructions and Ill be set. Come to find out the ChickHEN download is only good for people with firmware update 5.03. My problem is that I have 5.50 firmware update. I was hoping there is a way to downgrade or get customfirmware without making pandora batteries or magic memory sticks. Im in a financial pinch and dont want to risk bricking my PSP. Thank you in advance for your help.
    - Dachrons

PURE AWSOMENESS

User Info Menu

Re: Need help with custom firmware

wat type of psp do you have? it helps alot if u be more specific. :)

User Info Menu

you dont have a risk of bricking wiht a pandora really, and if you do, pandora's unbrick. There is no other way i believe.

PURE AWSOMENESS

User Info Menu

yea,but it also depends on psp too.

User Info Menu

I believe it is the PSP 1001

Heres a video explaining my problem

YouTube- Pandora Battery Help

By the way I used a tutorial saying to use PSP Grader Software to "Inject IPL" I did that sucessfully so Im assuming that I have a MMS
    Last edited by dachrons; 11-21-2009 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Additional info for possible problem resolution

User Info Menu

Or you can just ask someone you know who has a PSP with a custom firmware if they have a pandora battery themselves..

Either that, buy an old PSP 1000 battery.. I'm not really sure how you can determine if the battery is old.. For me, i just got one of those TOOL batteries, basically a pre-made pandora battery for the PSP..

Please don't be afraid to Rep +

User Info Menu

yea no one hacks their psps in my area barely anyone uses em im getting a new battery from my friend if he finds his psp

PURE AWSOMENESS

User Info Menu

i think you have a un-pandorable battery becuase it looks just like mine.
    Just try and see if you can find a IC04 on one of the chips.