User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hacking a Car (Make the Car Slow Down for Cops)

Hacking a Car (Make the Car Slow Down for Cops)

User Info Menu

For those of you that like to go fast and those of you who also like cruise control, you may like this little hack I created. It's fairly simple so I'm not going into huge detail, mainly because I don't want new models of cars or radar detectors to patch this.

Requirements:

• Cruise Control
    • Radar Detector
    • 30 Gauge Wire (Kynar)
    • Soldering Iron
    • Solder
    • Soldering Skills

Since I got a new car, and it's fast, I figured I should invest in a radar detector. Now the thing is, I am not as fast as the radar is to tag me, so my reaction time for stopping or slowing down won't be perfect. So I got to thinking, since I usually go fast while using cruise control, why not rig the decelerate or off button to switch on when radar is detected? So I opened my radar detector and popped off the decelerate button. Turns out it isn't as complicated as I thought.

Simply wire up the decelerate button to the radar detector's LED that goes off when radar is detected, the LED will light up and send a current to the decelerate or off button, and bam, instant deceleration. Then to clean up run the wire behind the dash.

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Re: Hacking a Car (Make the Car Slow Down for Cops)

nice i might try this but can you see this being a problem later on like going speed limit and bam 10 car pile up cause it locked the brakes

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ImMoRtAl- View Post
    nice i might try this but can you see this being a problem later on like going speed limit and bam 10 car pile up cause it locked the brakes
    Mount it to your off switch if you are so worried. Then it would just disengage cruise control. Not as fast of a slow down as decelerate, but just as good.

If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

User Info Menu

OR you could drive the speed limit (plus 5 mph)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by B1G_BR0TH3R View Post
    OR you could drive the speed limit (plus 5 mph)
    That's just boring.

Final Judgement

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMcKinney View Post
    That's just boring.
    Yeah it's not the same if don't nearly die when you ride with him... Good thing I don't get motion sick anymore

The O.G.K. wants you! Fans of anime and manga unite. February 17, 2011 is Eternal Negi Fever Day! Sethrigal VI Reign commands you to celebrate that day!

User Info Menu

What about laser detectors? Plus radar detector's are illegal in some states.
    .:: DO YOUR PART - Remember to press the Report Button for posts that need moderation. ::.
    .::Forum Rules | List of Demands Part II ::.

Rep :<Current>(230) + <Previous>(207)= <Total>(437)
    AdamAndersen aka Pink Floyd
    [12-03, 18:47] taking it in the ass IS...
    [12-03, 18:47] giving sex to another man isn't exactly gay...
    [12-03, 18:45] ill suck your dick if you suck mine. dealio?

Adam Andersen: I give him a hug every night after we make love.

Rigalic Reign: I too had a sexual encounter with a female in kindergarten
    CoDeX: Don't talk about last week.

[Today 03:56 PM] Sneaky Poptart: They haven't dropped yet?
    [Today 03:24 PM] BioHazardouz: My nuts
    [Today 01:42 PM] RageRaft: Whats up guys.

When in doubt. Get the f*ck out!

CoDeX is like buttsecks. Some people like him. Most think he is a pain in the ass.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CoDeX View Post
    What about laser detectors? Plus radar detector's are illegal in some states.
    They are illegal here... Doesn't stop everyone from using them. They work for either. I have a laser detector too, but I just call them all radar detectors.

User Info Menu

wait...so you bought something that detects where a cop is with their radar out...and then upgraded it to slow down when it detects one?
    wow first they let people sell cell phone jammers and now they are selling these?lol

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Commander_John. View Post
    wait...so you bought something that detects where a cop is with their radar out...and then upgraded it to slow down when it detects one?
    wow first they let people sell cell phone jammers and now they are selling these?lol
    It doesnt detect where they are. It detects radar signals coming in when a cop has their speed radar on and then it makes a noise so you know there is a cop who's scanning and you can slow down. Then he hooked up the LED from the radar detector to make the car decelerate when the radar goes off because he might not be quick enough. Cell phone jammers are illegal i believe.
    Every man for himself. You trust no one but yourself, if you want something done you do it your self don't rely on others. You watch your own back, you fight your own fights its you against the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Some phag
    -.BUS.-'s mommy says to Cannon, "I love you,
    I love you, I love you"
    The Cannon on the bus says, "I love you, too"
    All through the town.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast