User Tag List

Thread: TUTORIAL: How to Hack PSP 1000 w/ OFW 5.03 WITHOUT PANDORA or MMS

TUTORIAL: How to Hack PSP 1000 w/ OFW 5.03 WITHOUT PANDORA or MMS

User Info Menu

I didn't know where else to put this, but it is a Tut that I wrote a while back about how to hack a PSP 1000 without an MMS or Pandora Battery. This is how i did mine, and it is SIMPLE. My buddy did his with me over Skype using this tut too. It only takes about 20 minutes, start to finish.

THIS TUTORIAL ONLY IS 100% GUARANTEED TO WORK ON A 1000. IF YOU TRY THIS ON A 2000 WITHOUT CHECKING THE MOTHERBOARD TYPE, OR ON ANY 3000 YOU WILL BRICK YOUR SHIT! DO NOT DO IT! ALSO MUST HAVE OFW 5.03 OR BELOW!!!!

This method uses ChickHen Revision 2 CFW enabler and HellCat's Recovery Flasher to permanently install CFW without a pandora battery.

Here is a list of downloads, and instructions, for hacking any psp 1000 with OFW 5.03 or BELOW without the use of a pandora battery or a magic memory stick. First a list of things you need:

**NOTE: THIS METHOD IS ONLY 100% GUARANTEED TO WORK ON A PSP 1000. IF YOU DO THIS TO A PSP2000 or 3000 AND YOU BRICK YOUR SHIT, DONT CRY TO ME, 1000s ONLY***

***IF YOU ARENT SURE IF YOUR PSP IS HACKABLE, AFTER YOU INSTALL CHICKHENR2 (SCROLL DOWN FOR INSTRUCTIONS) USE THE INCLUDED FILE PSPIDENT TO CHECK YOUR MOTHERBOARD TYPE. YOU HAVE TO INSTALL CHICKHENR2 FIRST. THIS WILL WORK FOR ABOUT 50% OF ALL 2000s BUT CHECK YOUR MOTHERBOARD TYPE FIRST!***

***ALL 1000s are HACKABLE. IF YOU GOT A 1000 JUST KEEP GOING, YOU CAN HACK IT BUDDY!***

IF YOU WANT A PSP 1000 WITH OFW UNDER 5.03, GO TO YOUR LOCAL GAMESTOP, BRING YOUR PSP CHARGER WITH YOU. ASK TO SEE THE USED 1000S (THEY COST ABOUT $100) AND PLUG IN SOMEWHERE AND CHECK THE FIRMWARE VERSION UNTIL YOU FIND ONE. IT IS POSSIBLE, I FOUND ONE WITH OFW 2.81 AND MY BUDDY FOUND ONE WITH OFW 3.91. THEY WILL ABSOLUTELY LET YOU CHECK BECAUSE REMEMBER, ALL THEY REALLY CARE ABOUT IS PUTTING YOUR $100 IN THE CASH REGISTER.

1 Memory Stick (1GB+)
    Sony update 5.03
    ChickHenR2 for PSP Phat CFW Enabler
    Hellcat's Recovery m33-4
    m33-6 update

OK, the first thing you have to do is update to Official FirmWare version 5.03, then install ChickHen Revision 2 (CFW Enabler) and then use Hellcat's Recovery Flasher to PERMANANTLY flash CFW to your PSPs internal flash memory. To do this, you have to download the following
    file:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W5DX5LYL
    ^^^THAT CONTAINS EVERYTHING YOU NEED^^^

I also uploaded it as a .ZIP file for anyone WITHOUT winRar, that file is right here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/oe3wk7
    ^^^ALSO CONTAINS EVERYTHING YOU NEED^^^

That file has everything you need included on it. It has ChickHenR2, the OFW 5.03 official update, and Hellcat's Recovery Flasher (it also has a folder called PSPIDENT inside,you only need to do that if you are using a psp 2000, it checks to see if your PSP is hackable, but all 1000s are hackable, so if you are using a 1000 you dont need to check. IF YOU HAVE A 2000 THIS MAY WORK, USE PSPIDENT TO MAKE SURE YOUR 2000 IS HACKABLE, IF IT IS, CONTINUE, IF NOT STOP NOW OR YOU WILL BRICK U'R SHIT).

What you want to do, is copy the UPDATE and RECOVERY folders, inside that .RAR/.ZIP to your GAME folder on your memory stick.

Next copy the eggsploit.tiff file that is inside Photo/PHAT into your PHOTO folder on your memory stick, and put h.bin on the root of your memory stick (not in ANY folder, on the root, where all the folders are/start)

NOW, first and foremost, you have to run the 5.03 official update. Make sure you battery is nice and charged up, and run the update... ill wait... hurry up.

OK now you should have 5.03 OFW, if you do you can move forward to installing chickhenr2.

Now, getting ChickHen to work, is a little tricky at times. What it does, when the PSP reads the image thumbnail, it should exploit the PSP and enable CFW, doing this is a little tough though. What you want to do is go into your XMB, and go to photos. Hold DOWN on your D-PAD for like 3 seconds (i know you cant go any further than Memory Stick, just do it, lol). Next, while still holding DOWN, press X. Let go off all buttons, if you did it right, your PSP will spaz out a little (Screen will flash green, and then twitch, and go black and your PSP will reboot), if it didnt work, select the eggsploit picture, it will freeze your PSP, and you can try again.

THIS IS PROBABLY GOING TO TAKE A WHILE AND IRRITATE YOU, JUST BE PATIENT IT WILL WORK EVENTUALLY! LOL.

Once it spazzes out, you have succeeded and your PSP will reboot. When it does, go to Settings>System Settings>System Information in your XMB and it should say System Software: 5.03 ChickHenR2. If it does, you can move forward.

Next step, is to use Hellcat's Recovery flasher to flash CFW to your PSP, WITHOUT a pandora battery. Once you have checked to see if the ChickHenR2 is installed, you can go to the Game section of your XMB, go to memory stick, and you should see HellCat's Recovery, run it.
    Agree to the first screen that comes up. A menu will appear, we want the second option Install CFW m33-4. When the next menu comes up, select the first one, to start CFW installation. MAKE SURE YOUR BATTERY IS VERY WELL CHARGED BEFORE YOU INSTALL CFW!!

Now, it will flash CFW to your PSP, it will take a few minutes. It will take a minute to validate, and then it will begin to install the CFW. It takes a couple minutes but this is the last step.When it is finished, it will say to hit any button to continue, do it, and your PSP will reboot.

IT USUALLY TAKES ABOUT A MINUTE OR A MINUTE AND A HALF FOR YOUR PSP TO FULLY BOOT UP, DONT WORRY, YOU DIDNT BRICK YOUR PSP, IT JUST TAKES A MINUTE.

When prompted, enter the language, time, date, and all that.

Go to Settings, System Settings, System Information and under system software it should say 5.00 m33-4 if it does, congratulations YOU SUPER I337 FUC/<!7V H4X072!!!!

Next you have to update from m33-4 to m33-6. To do this, download the file that is attached to this link:
    http://sylentstryke.webs.com/VIP/500m33_6.zip

You just put the contents of that zip file into the GAME folder on your memory stick, and you run the update, make sure you have plenty of battery power. When complete you will have m33-6 in my opinion the best CFW on the planet (THANKS DARK ALEX!!). I believe you can update/upgrade to GEN without a pandora from m33, but i have always stuck with m33, i think its just dandy, lol.

Hope this tut was helpful, and happy hacking!

IF THIS HELPED YOU, OR YOU THOUGHT IT WAS USEFUL PLEEEEEEAASEE REP +++++++++

and thank too!
    Last edited by U.BeeN.StryKeD; 07-29-2010 at 11:31 PM.

User Info Menu

Re: TUTORIAL: How to Hack PSP 1000 w/ OFW 5.03 WITHOUT PANDORA or MMS

When I looked at the thread title I chanted to myself "ChickHEN, ChickHEN, ChickHEN" and whaddya know? Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Epic of HITB
    get... 1) a mini fridge | 2) A toilet installed in your room | 3) a closet full of non-perishable foods | 4) Lyscol ( who needs showers anyway?) | 5) tons of books articles lectures zines etc etc

Dont leave your room...EVER... AND I MEAN EVER
    Damned six line limit! *NERD RAGE*

User Info Menu

Re: TUTORIAL: How to Hack PSP 1000 w/ OFW 5.03 WITHOUT PANDORA or MMS

lol, its a beautiful thing ain't it! its totally revamped the way 1% of people with OFW 5.03 and below hacks their psps! lol