User Tag List

Thread: How to install a PSPSDK app?

Nuclear Hacker

User Info Menu

How to install a PSPSDK app?

Im want to install Chipmunk(NOT MY APP), but i dont know what where to put the source src folder, the install, and idk wat pspsdk is. The readme dosent make sense to me. I know the demo goes in game.
    Attached Files Attached Files

RTR = Read The Rules http://www.consolediscussions.com/fo...-8th-2008-t55/ (You can put a "F" after the T if you want to anyone who got the joke)
    Rep+ or Thank me If I Helped

User Info Menu

Re: How to install a PSPSDK app?

PSP Programming Tutorial for Windows (C/C++)
    Plus SDL and all with out Cygwin

This tutorial that i have written will teach you step by step how to set up you psp development environment for windows in less than 15 minutes and without the need to install any large files or Shells (Cygwin).

Before i begin i would like to thank heimdall for the excellent Win32 toolchain and pspsdk installer. (Minimalist PSPSDK for Windows)
    Also i would like to add, If you are new to C/C++ I would highly recommend you begin your programming adventure on a computer, not the psp. For serious "want to be" programmers, i would highly recommend taking courses at your local community college.
    ------

-INSTALLATION-
    d
    1. Click the following link to download the Win32 native toolchain and pspsdk installer
    Code:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/minpspw/files/SDK%20%2B%20devpak/pspsdk%200.9.2/
    (Created by Heimdall).

2. Download the file: "pspsdk-setup-0.9.2.exe" from sourceforge.

3. Run the file that was just downloaded and when it asks where to install change "C:/pspsdk" to "C:/pspdev". The rest just press next til finished.

4. Congratulations, You have just installed the pspsdk, toolchain, and libraries needed to program on the psp.

5. You should now have a folder inside your harddrive named pspdev. (C:/pspdev/)

------

-SETUP-

6. Open up Notepad and paste the following code:

Code:
    set path=%path%;c:\pspdev\bin
    set PSPSDK=C:\pspdev\psp\sdk
    cmd
    7. Save the file as: "start.bat", Save as type: "all files", and place it inside C:/pspdev/

8. Open "start.bat". The following information should be displayed

Code:
    C:\pspdev>set path=C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;c:\Py
    thon22;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files\Subversion\bin;C:/p
    spdev/bin;C:/pspdev/bin;;;;;C:\pspdev\bin;c:\pspdev\bin
    C:\pspdev>set PSPSDK=C:\pspdev\psp\sdk

C:\pspdev>cmd
    Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
    (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\pspdev>
    9. Congratulations, You have just setup your handy dandy compiler.
    Get At Me Bl4Ck.KiD... Aka BK
    Future Rapper - Spits Fire
    Psp Coder - Mips, C
    Web Designer - HTML, Javascript, Some PHP
    Computer Programmer - Currently Learning C/C++, Visual Basic, Pascal, Brainfuck, Python, Ruby

Nuclear Hacker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bl4Ck.KiD... View Post
    PSP Programming Tutorial for Windows (C/C++)
    Plus SDL and all with out Cygwin

This tutorial that i have written will teach you step by step how to set up you psp development environment for windows in less than 15 minutes and without the need to install any large files or Shells (Cygwin).

Before i begin i would like to thank heimdall for the excellent Win32 toolchain and pspsdk installer. (Minimalist PSPSDK for Windows)
    Also i would like to add, If you are new to C/C++ I would highly recommend you begin your programming adventure on a computer, not the psp. For serious "want to be" programmers, i would highly recommend taking courses at your local community college.
    ------

-INSTALLATION-
    d
    1. Click the following link to download the Win32 native toolchain and pspsdk installer
    Code:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/minpspw/files/SDK%20%2B%20devpak/pspsdk%200.9.2/
    (Created by Heimdall).

2. Download the file: "pspsdk-setup-0.9.2.exe" from sourceforge.

3. Run the file that was just downloaded and when it asks where to install change "C:/pspsdk" to "C:/pspdev". The rest just press next til finished.

4. Congratulations, You have just installed the pspsdk, toolchain, and libraries needed to program on the psp.

5. You should now have a folder inside your harddrive named pspdev. (C:/pspdev/)

------

-SETUP-

6. Open up Notepad and paste the following code:

Code:
    set path=%path%;c:\pspdev\bin
    set PSPSDK=C:\pspdev\psp\sdk
    cmd
    7. Save the file as: "start.bat", Save as type: "all files", and place it inside C:/pspdev/

8. Open "start.bat". The following information should be displayed

Code:
    C:\pspdev>set path=C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;c:\Py
    thon22;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files\Subversion\bin;C:/p
    spdev/bin;C:/pspdev/bin;;;;;C:\pspdev\bin;c:\pspdev\bin
    C:\pspdev>set PSPSDK=C:\pspdev\psp\sdk

C:\pspdev>cmd
    Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
    (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\pspdev>
    9. Congratulations, You have just setup your handy dandy compiler.
    So when I do that, what do I do with chipmunk?

RTR = Read The Rules http://www.consolediscussions.com/fo...-8th-2008-t55/ (You can put a "F" after the T if you want to anyone who got the joke)

User Info Menu

idk what chipmuck is i never heard of it, u tryin to compile?
    Psp Coder - Mips, C
    Computer Programmer - Currently Learning C/C++, Visual Basic, Pascal, Brainfuck, Python, Ruby

Nuclear Hacker

User Info Menu

Open my attachment

User Info Menu

Not on my computer
    Psp Coder - Mips, C

Nuclear Hacker

User Info Menu

The file is virus free and its from qj. or r u saying I have to install this on my comp?