User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPod Touch Jailbreak Problem.

iPod Touch Jailbreak Problem.

User Info Menu

im trying to jailbreak my iPod Touch and whenever i run QuickPwn and select my firmware it reads it for half a second and say "Firmware string error"

any ideas why?

Model - 1st Generation
    Firmware - 2.2.1

[Today 12:00 AM] -.Z3U5.-: Quit tryig to get me to look at your big fat ass chode spinning around in circles.

DEATH METAL

User Info Menu

Re: iPod Touch Jailbreak Problem.

Make sure when you download your firmware that it is for the correct model and pinpoint accurate. If you have 2.2.1, don't choose 2.2.0. I had the same problem when I jailbroke my first iPhone but then I checked the firmware that I downloaded and it didn't match so I looked again and tried a different one. Not sure if this will resolve your problem but it helped me.

User Info Menu

yeah i checked several times, its 2.2.1

[Today 12:00 AM] -.Z3U5.-: Quit tryig to get me to look at your big fat ass chode spinning around in circles.

DEATH METAL

User Info Menu

Are you downloading the firmware from an official site? The one I got it from just listed all the firmwares with no model names (just repeated firmwares) and I figured that the first one was iPhone 1st gen, second set of firmwares was 3G and third set was iTouch.

User Info Menu

i got it st8 from iTunes

DEATH METAL

User Info Menu

Try downloading it from where you found quickpwn. I can't remember the site name but that's where I started downloading mine and they've worked fine for me. I'm not sure what else to tell you. I don't know if the firmware string error is on the iPod Touch's side or the firmware that you downloaded. Sorry.

User Info Menu

if you would like me to I can give you my already pwned 2.2 file, I know it isn't 2.2.1, but it's the same thing

User Info Menu

how would i install it onto my iPod? im still an iPod newb

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SyKotik Cannon View Post
    how would i install it onto my iPod? im still an iPod newb
    http://www.firesidechess.com/quickpwn.html <--- there's my full how to jailbreak on windows guide, free for all CD users (but use different download links, those are for 2.1)

User Info Menu

thanks bro, i'll check it out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast