User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Droid Bionic on AT&T or T-Mobile

Droid Bionic on AT&T or T-Mobile

User Info Menu

Re: Droid Bionic on AT&T or T-Mobile

I clicked "restart" on radiocomm while my droid bionic is connected through usb and now the chip is messed up and it says encryption unseccessful, please help, i need the phone back working now!!

User Info Menu

right off the bat, thanks for sharing the knowledge. so i followed your instructions and it doesn't recognize SIM card. i even replaced the original 8 bits, wrote that, reboot, then replaced the 8 bits with the numbers you specified. and still nothing

any ideas?

- - - - - Double Post - - - - -

also, something strange. when i put t mobile sim the notification bars shows 4G LTE with no bars but when i put verizon sim it says 3G w a few bars ???

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMcKinney View Post

[...]

*To disable GSM/UMTS, perform the same 7 steps, but replace the 8-byte data with: 0700000000000000
    Hi Johnny!

About a month and a half ago, I successfully followed this procedure for my Bionic (including the build.prop edits mentioned), to go onto Straight Talk.

Only problem was, AT&T's coverage map is a lying *******. And I found I just can't function with only 2.5 GB/mo of high speed internet.

So I went back to Verizon. Reflashed the cdma_targa_9.8.2O-72_VZW-22_cfc.xml, and all seemed peachy.

But no, I don't get 4G. When I open the 'info' screen in the testing area, (OK I use the LTE On/Off for HTC Thunderbold app from the play store to get there) it shows me that GSM is still on, and my high speed radio is reading eHRPD, NOT LTE! Under the radio setting tab, GSM/CDMA auto (PRL) is selected. I can select LTE/CDMA but that doesn't do anything.

So I tried to reverse this procedure, but what I've found is it won't connect. Do I need to be running stock ROM, be booted into recovery, or what? Right now i'm on CM10.2, and I love it, but I don't have LTE in either stock or CM (not even before installing safestrap).

any help would be greatly appreciated.

- - - - - Double Post - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Lerma View Post
    I clicked "restart" on radiocomm while my droid bionic is connected through usb and now the chip is messed up and it says encryption unseccessful, please help, i need the phone back working now!!
    You're hurtin' for certain.

I had to re-flash my phone back to stock jellybean after I did that. But now I'm on CyanogenMod, and love it. So it was an overall positive experience.

User Info Menu

OK Tried to do this again. I didn't even hit restart. I followed the instruction to unplug and replug the phone if the read box turned red.

I got the dreaded "encryption failed" bootloop.

But at least I had enough foresight to do a TWRP backup of my phone before trying this procedure. So I still have everything...

Throw us a bone, here, Johnny! :)

User Info Menu

Did you have 4g beforE?

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123