Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Droid Bionic on AT&T or T-Mobile

Droid Bionic on AT&T or T-Mobile

User Info Menu

First download these with everything you need:
    http://www.consolediscussions.com/youtube/drivers.zip
    http://www.consolediscussions.com/youtube/bionic.zip

NOTE: Before continuing you will need the phone in a working state, so if for example if the phone was factory reset and it's Verizon and you want to go to T-Mobile you will need a Verizon sim card, because T-Mobile sim will tell you incompatible until it's modded. Otherwise it won't let you boot up, saying a sim card is needed to complete startup process.

Here's how you can unlock the Motorola Droid Bionic:
    1. Install drivers
    2. Update stock rom to newest version
    3. Make sure Debug Mode (settings->apps->development->usb debug) is ON and it's connected as CHARGER ONLY (not Mass Storage)
    4. Root the phone with motofail (click the run file)
    5. Install Bootstrap by moving BionicBootstrap.apk or RazrBootstrap.apk if you have a Droid Razr to sd card,
    enable external sources settings->apps->unknown sources, install,
    and run install bootloader, and after success exit
    6. Ensure USB is connected as PC Tools mode (not Mass Storage)
    7. In Radiocomm go to MA->COMMON->MDM 6x00
    8. In Radiocomm go to Settings->USB->PST USB Driver
    9. Click the FTM Common 1 Tab, on the upper right side in the NVAccess, scroll to NV item 1877 NV_RF_BC_CONFIG_I
    10. Read the value from the device
    11. Replace the first 8 bytes (16 digits) with: 8703E80400000200
    12. Write the data to the device and powercycle.

*To disable GSM/UMTS, perform the same 7 steps, but replace the 8-byte data with: 0700000000000000

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Re: Droid Bionic on AT&T or T-Mobile

hey johnny i got this working on the bionic with straight talk , but i still cant get it working on the droid razr xt912, and i did everything the same but still doesnt work and i tried using the at&t sim so do u know if this is working on straight talk.

User Info Menu

Did you download the drivers for the Droid Razr?

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Hello Johnny, I follow the instructions and it works with an AT&T Sim but will NOT work with Tmobile Sim. It says no service. Can you please help on this? I'm anxious to get it working for Tmobile. Thanks so much! I posted the same question in your youtube video as well. Thanks!

User Info Menu

Hey Johnny, I have a Bionic and have done what you said here but im trying to use straight talk and its not working. Can you help with that?

User Info Menu

hey my 4g is not coming on, i cant only get edge

User Info Menu

I have a question: I followed the directions above on the article and everything worked great. I was using T-mobile with my Droid Bionic phone. However, I made the mistake to to do the OTA. Now, I have ICS but I can't use my Tmobile simcard.

How can I go back to what I had or bring the phone back to Gingerbread to do these steps again? I hope to find an answer to my bid mistake. I was happy with my phone. Thank you.
    Last edited by warias; 10-23-2012 at 06:42 PM.

User Info Menu

It worked for my phone until i UPDATED it.. I got it to work again but i cant send TEXTS! What do ido?

User Info Menu

My bionic has been updated to ICS. I've never rooted, or hacked the gsm chip. So can I still modify it to work on GSM networks? I see some people updated, and broke the gsm hack, but I'm wondering if that's only a problem with updating after the gsm hack, and doing so after update would or would not create problems? I want to put my phone on straight talk.

User Info Menu

Hi Jhonny, i did all you instructed and i still cannot get it to recognize my straight talk sim cardf please help i am lost first time hacker here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast