User Tag List

Thread: How to lock your computer with out locking it, No Passwords Needed!

How to lock your computer with out locking it, No Passwords Needed!

User Info Menu

This so no one can do anything on your computer while your away from it. No need to turn it off, set passwords, or lock folders, just follow these instructions.

This is my Tut.

First of all, You must have it set so that when you hit the Print Screen button on your computer it save the picture, and doesn't insert it into the clipboard.

1.make sure no programs are open. put your mouse in the lower left hand corner so it can't be seen and hit "print screen" and save it somewhere

2. right click on desktop, go to properties, click onwallpaper, hit browse, find where you saved the pic, and make it the wallpaper.

3. delete all your desktop icons. (i recommend putting them in a folder off the desktop)

4. make sure your taskbar is unlocked, then slide it down until buttons such as start and program tiles are not visible.

5.ta-da! locked! people see it, but cant do anything.

6. (optional for optimal foolproofness) UNPLUG YOUR MOUSE

(I recommend making your taskbar classic grey, that way they can't see the actual taskbar)

don't flame, please rep+.

P.S. this doesn't work so well on someone really computer savvy

User Info Menu

Re: How to lock your computer with out locking it, No Passwords Needed!

Thats funny. But thats no reason to Rep +... You lock your computer if you dont want anyone on it. If someone felt like it they plug in the mouse press ctrl + alt + del go to explorer and can run things from there. Or they can just drag your task bar back up.
    Every man for himself. You trust no one but yourself, if you want something done you do it your self don't rely on others. You watch your own back, you fight your own fights its you against the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Some phag
    -.BUS.-'s mommy says to Cannon, "I love you,
    I love you, I love you"
    The Cannon on the bus says, "I love you, too"
    All through the town.

User Info Menu

if you use the classic grey taskbar they can't see the bottom part of the real taskbar. and I said it doesn't work for really tech-savvy people. But it would still bug them for a few minutes lol! especially if it was THEIR computer.

User Info Menu

ya pretty much wat zeus said