User Tag List

Thread: Banned? Gut Swap Your Console

Banned? Gut Swap Your Console

User Info Menu

I recently got banned lol. Since console bans do not ban your gamertag, I decided to gut swap. I recommend staying low for awhile after you gut swap until the 360 scene figures out how the bans are being given.

Make sure you have the same model as the one you are purchasing to gut swap with. Arcade, Elite, ect. Otherwise you will have to literally swap everything inside with the other. You could do this anyway if you don't feel like you can pull off the stickers carefully.

1. Follow the instruction to take off the Xbox 360 Faceplate.

2. Remove the bottom left rubber stand.

3. Lift the beginning and poke those holes with a metal tool.

4. on the other side lift the open.

5. Now it should look like this.

6. Now you will see the warranty sticker.
    To take the sticker off apply hair dryer for a good 1 min & then use a razor or other thin material to slowly take it off

Warranty sticker

7. Once the warranty sticker is off, un-hook those clips.

8. Now turn to the back of the console and use a thin small knife or a small flat head driver. Poke those holes and you should hear pop sounds when opening.

10. Take it apart now.

11. Take out the dvd eject button.

12. As indicated by the arrow, remove the 6 screws using Torex 8 screw driver

13. It should now look like this. Depending on your console structure.

14. Remove the white little cover and the serial should be taken off slowly and soft with your razor! put the serial sticker somewhere safe for now.

15. Now swap ! The old one goes into the new one and the new goes in the old case. Your moving metal case that's all.

16. Now once in the new case put the serial stick right beside the 2 USB ports and start closing it. (to close do the whole process backwards - just like opening it)

17. click everything back on together & it should like this again.

18. Both serial number should match from front to back.

No scratches should be made on the console or the warranty sticker!

If you don't know how to open your Xbox 360 then watch this video.
    YouTube- How to Take Apart the Xbox 360

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

DEATH METAL

User Info Menu

Re: Banned? Gut Swap Your Console

Nice tutorial, first reference to your video. I was wondering if you were going to use it for this.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky Poptart View Post
    Nice tutorial, first reference to your video. I was wondering if you were going to use it for this.
    It sucked doing it for mine. I have a limited edition console... So I litterally had to move everything to the new one. GPU, CPU, Heat Sink, Motherboard, Fan, ect...

If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

DEATH METAL

User Info Menu

Lot of work, worth it?

User Info Menu

i wish i knew about this before i bought a new console and sold my modded one

[Today 12:00 AM] -.Z3U5.-: Quit tryig to get me to look at your big fat ass chode spinning around in circles.

User Info Menu

so you buy a new console,and switch the insides?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Commander_John. View Post
    so you buy a new console,and switch the insides?
    Pretty much. If you have the same version Arcade, Elite, ect... You can just switch the metal housing and be done. So it's like 10 minutes altogether, but if you don't... Then you will need to switch the guts completely.