User Tag List

Thread: JTAG All Models! Xbox 360 Phat or Slim!

JTAG All Models! Xbox 360 Phat or Slim!

User Info Menu

Yes you read right. You can run unsigned code on any console (Phat or Slim) with any dashboard with a "reset glitch". (And some hardware soldering) Best of all, it cannot be patched through a future dashboard update. Take a look at it in action:

As you can see in that video, GliGli has managed to load Xell Reloaded onto his Slim and launch a N64 emulator. Of course, you aren't limited to just this as you can always prep your console for homebrew and games once the necessary rebooters and such become available.

If you want to try this for yourself, here's a list of the hardware material that you'll need. Guy's this whole JTAG thing goes over my head, I mean PSP hacking is one thing, but hacking online, I mean it's just some complex stuff for Xbox 360. You practically have to code in C++ for the hacks like Infection to work. @B1G_BR0TH3R; You might know more about JTAG than me. As for me, I have a feeling a lot of hackers will come out on 360, so time to dust off the PS3. I have two 360s maybe I'll take a whack at this when more information gets released.

USB SPI Programmer to dump/flash the Xbox360's NAND (like Team-Xecuter NAND-X)
    XC2C64A CoolRunner-II CPLD (aka Digilent C-mod)
    Socket for the CPLD
    Xilinx JTAG Programmer cable
    1x 220pF capacitor
    Soldering material
    AND

Downloads: (You'll need them all)
    Reset Glitch Hack With Diagrams & Instructions
    Xilinx Lab Tools & Impact
    Python v2.7 & Python Crypto
    NandPRO v2.0e or newer
    NAND-X Install For Slims

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Re: JTAG All Models! Xbox 360 Phat or Slim!

Damn. That's more confusing than the original JTAG. Either that, or I'm just lazier.