User Tag List

Thread: 8gb Ipod Touch 3g MC Model

8gb Ipod Touch 3g MC Model

User Info Menu

Apparently I'm one of the many who have problems with trying to jailbreak this iPod. I've seen videos of people jailbreaking this model with blackra1n & a ton of people are having problems, when I go to jailbreak it with blackra1n after restoring it boots into recovery & then the screen goes black instead of Geohot's picture showing up. I just hard boot it after that and it goes back to normal. I'm running XP and iTunes is closed during the process.

Anyone know any working way or any perfect detailed instructions on how to jailbreak this model?
    Last edited by Zeus; 01-05-2010 at 07:44 PM.
    Every man for himself. You trust no one but yourself, if you want something done you do it your self don't rely on others. You watch your own back, you fight your own fights its you against the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Some phag
    -.BUS.-'s mommy says to Cannon, "I love you,
    I love you, I love you"
    The Cannon on the bus says, "I love you, too"
    All through the town.

User Info Menu

Re: 8gb Ipod Touch 3g MC Model

Update your ipod...and try with that. My teacher tried his, and it wouldn't work until her ran it on a another machine.

User Info Menu

Mine did the same thing, all I did was disconnect it and then re-connect it to iTunes and let it sync. Once it synced, it worked normally again. I don't know if I had the same exact problem you are having but that's how I fixed mine.
    Just one of Xbox Live's gamerscore whores.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Explosion View Post
    Mine did the same thing, all I did was disconnect it and then re-connect it to iTunes and let it sync. Once it synced, it worked normally again. I don't know if I had the same exact problem you are having but that's how I fixed mine.
    Yeah I can fix it I'm just trying to jailbreak it:(.

Quote Originally Posted by H0LY.J3SUS View Post
    Update your ipod...and try with that. My teacher tried his, and it wouldn't work until her ran it on a another machine.
    I've done so, I restored before & it auto updates when you do that I think. I've tried on 3 computers.
    Last edited by Zeus; 01-05-2010 at 07:52 PM.
    Every man for himself. You trust no one but yourself, if you want something done you do it your self don't rely on others. You watch your own back, you fight your own fights its you against the world.

I love you, I love you"
    All through the town.

User Info Menu

with the 3gen you can only to a tethered jailbreak its useless because once you turn it off it wont be jailbroken anymore. just wait for an update for the 3gen full jailbreak.

Thank me or Rep + if i helped
    I_JUST_FRAGED_U ON FTB 2
    Goals
    Reach Up to 100 posts by Jan 20 [X]
    Create 5 Tutorials [1/5]

User Info Menu

yea, mine had a black screen after I jailbroke it. I just synced it with my iTunes and it fixed it.
    It was jailbroken? What exactly did you do after it turned black? Mine doesn't reboot like it says it should.

I love you, I love you"
    All through the town.

User Info Menu

My screen turned black and every time I tried to restart it, the screen would still end up black after the apple logo (custom logo if you put one on). So I plugged it into my iTunes and iTunes recognized the iPod and I clicked sync. After pressing no to "deleting all songs in library and replacing them with the new iPods songs", it synced correctly and I was able to use it again (still jailbroken).
    Just one of Xbox Live's gamerscore whores.

User Info Menu

My screen turned black and every time I tried to restart it, the screen would still end up black after the apple logo (custom logo if you put one on). So I plugged it into my iTunes and iTunes recognized the iPod and I clicked sync. After pressing no to "deleting all songs in library and replacing them with the new iPods songs", it synced correctly and I was able to use it again (still jailbroken).
    Yeah it seems like yours went a little farther in the jailbreaking process, mine just turns black and when i boot it, it just goes back to how it normally was before I ever tried.

I love you, I love you"
    All through the town.