User Tag List

Thread: Solved Problems [Experienced]

Solved Problems [Experienced]

User Info Menu

In this thread, we will post any computer issues we have run into from our experiences, wether it be hardware or software related.

Problem: Computer would make loud, long "beeps" when powered on.
    Solution: RAM sticks were not insterted properly. Properly installed RAM sticks and computer ran fine.

Problem: Computer was running extremely slow, even with 3GB of RAM.
    Solution: Spyware removal (Spybot S&D) along with a disk cleanup and defrag.

Problem: Oblivion would crash upon loading, updated DirectX and system but still no success.
    Solution: Graphics Card was outdated, running only 96MB. Upgraded to a GeForce 8400GS and ran smoothly.

Problem: Computer would not power up.
    Solution: Computer was not plugged in. (-_- Walked 3 miles for that bullshit.)

Problem: Strange green tint on screen.
    Solution: Hit the "Auto Adjustment" on monitor. Went back to normal.

Problem: User forgot password to Admin account on old computer.
    Solution: Booted up "Offline NT Password & Regristry Editor" and reset password.

Problem: User was unable to connect to wireless printer.
    Solution: Had to restart the router and modem.

Problem: User was unable to get rid of "Security Tools" program.
    Solution: Booted into Safe Mode, stopped the ST process, and ran MalwareBytes to rid the pest.

jerrmy12

Re: Solved Problems [Experienced]

do i remove spyware blaster 4.0? cause my pc is realy slow.

User Info Menu

Re: Solved Problems [Experienced]

Quote Originally Posted by jerrmy12 View Post
    do i remove spyware blaster 4.0? cause my pc is realy slow.
    Trying running it to see if there is any spyware that might be causing the lag. If not, try running a disk cleanup and defrag. If that's not the case, you might need more RAM. If you don't know how, I have a tutorial here.

I personally use Spybot Search and Destroy, but don't add the Teatimer extentsion when installing, because you'll be getting ten thousand messages every 20 seconds and it lags up the computer. I use Firefox for my web browser with the add on "Ad Block +" which keeps most malicious content like advertisements and pop ups.