User Tag List

Thread: [TUTORIAL] Game Categories v4 on 5.50 GEN-B2

Try Google! I do !

User Info Menu

Arrow [TUTORIAL] Game Categories v4 on 5.50 GEN-B2

Hello :D

As I had to do some Googleing to get this running I thought I might just write this "tut" and link the files.Which are rehosted at my domain to make sure they are always there :D

NOTE: This tutorial is generally for PSP-2k with CFW 5.50 GEN-B2. Might work with other FW's.

Firstly you should download the Game Category v4 Package

Unpack that directly into your MS Root so you get a filetree like this:

X:\ (replace X with your PSP MS drive)
    ---seplugins\
    ------game_categories.prx------- Main plugin
    ------game_categories_ja.txt---- JA (japanese) is the ENGLISH version as he made a coding error in the prx!
    ------vsh.txt------------------------ If this isn't there, just create it :)

Now we've got most of it done! Easy huh? Just a few clicks :D

Now open your VSH.txt and add the line

ms0:/seplugins/game_categories.psx 0

Save. Unplug. Then go into recovery menu, either by rebooting and holding R-trigger or through VSH Menu.
    Go into Plugins and activate game_categories.prx

Exit recovery menu. Go into USB Mode and make some categories in the X:\ISO folder and/or the X:\PSP\GAME folder. All category names MUST be prefixed with CAT_ and then a cat.name, like "CAT_Homebrew Games".

Hopefully you got it working :D And if you did, here are some other useful things if you use this plugin.

===[ Category Sort ]===

To sort your categories, you'll need to compile a EBOOT.PBP and place it in the root of each category.
    It seems that this doesn't work with PSPgo (PSPgameorder), but I know it works with Xplora 1.8 (extract to X:\PSP\GAME)

To those who DONT have PBP Unpacker, download it from HERE and install it.

Now, start PBP Unpacker.
    Click on File -> New SFO.
    In the new dialog that pop ups, click Data -> Templates -> Basic Runnable PBP Program.
    Double-Click on the text saying "YOUR_TITLE"
    In the dialog, make sure you edit the DATA field to your category name w/o prefix and then press enter.
    Click on File -> Save to File
    In the save dialog, browse to your category folder and save it there with the name PARAM.SFO
    Close the SFO dialog when you've done one PARAM.SFO per category.

Now, in PBP Unpackers main window, click on new.
    Select a PARAM.SFO
    Now select some random small PNG image as ICON0.PNG
    Click save and save it in the category folder as EBOOT.PBP

Ex. If you were doing a EBOOT for a category named Adventure, the path to the files would be these, IF you saved them directly to the memorycard.

X:\PSP\GAME\CAT_Adventure\EBOOT.PBP, PARAM.SFO

Now you can repeat the previous steps to make a EBOOT.PBP for each category.

Now to order the categories, you start Xplora, when loaded press start button and select applications -> homebrew orderer

================================================== ==

Hopefully nothing of this was rather complicated, but if so, please ask me anything.
    If there is a lot of questions I might add screenies and other stuff to these tutorials.

If you liked it, please give me some rep+ :D

Regards!
    Izaac
    Last edited by PentaMedia; 10-06-2009 at 07:55 PM.
    Sony PSP-2004, CFW 5.50 GEN-B2, 4Gb MSPDuo, Switchable Pandora Battery (Hard-Mod), JigKick Battery TOOL, Original Battery