User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: iR Shell 4.8

iR Shell 4.8

User Info Menu

iR Shell 4.8

iR Shell is a multi-tasking shell for the PSP which allows you to launch applications (UMD games/movies, legally owned Backups, PS1 games and Sony demos or homebrews) via a menu driven interface. In addition to the standard shell functionalities, it includes a plethora of advanced features. Most features can be called upon either via the icon based menu system or a shortcut combo key for fast access.

New PSP Slim Features

• Added support to homebrews that are built with the option PSP_LARGE_MEMORY, that is, to use the extra slim memory. When running these homebrews under iR Shell, they will have access to another 26MB slim RAM. Pls note 2MB of slim RAM is reserved for iR Shell.
    • Enhance the HTML Viewer (originally developed by Dark_AleX) to use the extra slim memory. These should help to reduce "Not enough memory" message when accessing larger web contents. The HTML Viewer can be accessed via predefined homebrew #1 icon.

Bug Fixes

• Some homebrews weren't correctly recognized by iR Shell and application names were displayed as garbage.
    • When setting np9660 mode in iR Configurator, some homebrews failed to launch.
    • Launching PS1 games via popsloader wasn't working properly.
    • Copying a large file from ms0: to nethost0: will crash the system.

Installation
    1.) Download below
    2.) Open using WinRAR.
    3.) Go into the MS_ROOT folder of the file you downloaded.
    4.) Open your PSP in USB mode.
    5.) Drag the contents of the MS_ROOT folder you downloaded to your Memory Stick's Root. If you do not know what your Memory Stick's Root is then read THIS.

Optional
    If you wish to have iR Shell start when you turn your PSP on then add the following line to your vsh.txt file.
    Code:
    ms0:/seplugins/irsautoboot.prx
    Be sure to enable the plugin via recovery.

Skins
    I have included 22 skins with the download. It is a little confusing installing them, so let me walk you through it.
    1.) In iR Shell go to iR Shell Configurator. (bottom row 3rd icon from the left)
    2.) In the iR Shell Configurator go to the Skin Browser. (press up 3 times)
    3.) Browse to the skin you want and press X to preview it.
    4.) After you're done previewing it and you decide you like it, press X to install it.
    5.) When it is finished installing go down to Save Changes & Return to iR Shell and you will see your new skins.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8UTBJZDI

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

iR Shell 4.8

User Info Menu

Re: iR Shell 4.8

Nice job. It says psp slim features, i gues it doesnt work for phat.

Add me on FTB2: SiLeNt_MiLiTiA
    €mp!re OWNS!

iR Shell 4.8

User Info Menu

thanks bro i've wanting to try this out for awhile now

[Today 12:00 AM] -.Z3U5.-: Quit tryig to get me to look at your big fat ass chode spinning around in circles.

I'm Baaaaaaaack!!!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBandit0 View Post
    There is an IR shell for FAT PSP's. I had it installed for a while but didn't ever really use it. It was cool though cuz you can control your video/stereo equipment with it!
    Last edited by Dark Invader; 11-24-2008 at 10:42 PM.

iR Shell 4.8

User Info Menu

i just installed this and i am playing a mp3 n found a bug already i belive... ok so i started up a song on iR Shell and im back on the iR Shell menu and i scroll to the different icons n they go black and the cursor or w/e flashes different colors lol

[Today 12:00 AM] -.Z3U5.-: Quit tryig to get me to look at your big fat ass chode spinning around in circles.

iR Shell 4.8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBandit0 View Post
    I only have a fat lol. It works fine on mine, the 4.8 update added some features for the slim and fixed some bugs.

If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

iR Shell 4.8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMcKinney View Post
    I only have a fat lol. It works fine on mine, the 4.8 update added some features for the slim and fixed some bugs.
    Does it let you run UMD from the IRShell menu? Mine shows a black screen then shuts off.

But A/W do you have any more codes for the remote? I wanna shut my brother T.V off to piss him off.
    Every man for himself. You trust no one but yourself, if you want something done you do it your self don't rely on others. You watch your own back, you fight your own fights its you against the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Some phag
    -.BUS.-'s mommy says to Cannon, "I love you,
    I love you, I love you"
    The Cannon on the bus says, "I love you, too"
    All through the town.

iR Shell 4.8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by -.Z3U5.- View Post
    Does it let you run UMD from the IRShell menu? Mine shows a black screen then shuts off.

But A/W do you have any more codes for the remote? I wanna shut my brother T.V off to piss him off.
    Post the brand and model number and I'll post the codes for it tomorrow. As far as what works and doesn't, I have no clue since I just ran a few things on it to make sure it worked.

iR Shell 4.8

User Info Menu

I'm gonna try what i just found and if i can't get it to work ill give you that.
    Every man for himself. You trust no one but yourself, if you want something done you do it your self don't rely on others. You watch your own back, you fight your own fights its you against the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Some phag
    -.BUS.-'s mommy says to Cannon, "I love you,
    I love you, I love you"
    The Cannon on the bus says, "I love you, too"
    All through the town.

Elite Haxxor

User Info Menu

Awesome man.. before the irshell didn't work for me xD Ty :D
    Please Rep+ Me if i Help you

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast