User Tag List

Thread: Need help with my firmware update

Need help with my firmware update

User Info Menu

hey i was wondering if someone can helpme with my update for my firmware i have 3.80m33 right now and when i click update on the xmb menu it says we have found a later version would yu like to download, i click yes and then i says yu can install now or later i click install now and this is the part that it gets stuck on it says to me
    checking....
    Please wait.... then it says that----------------------------> verifying 500.PBP...incorrect files and just rebbots the psp after.....so please someone help me

User Info Menu

Re: Need help with my firmware update

You need the 500.PBP file and the the EBOOT.PBP. But this the wrong section.

User Info Menu

Please don't be afraid to Rep +

User Info Menu

just download the 5.00m33-6 or -5 or wuteva doesnt matter. just download that and ur good. but u do need internet on ur psp if ur just going to download the 5.00m33 because it will search for the other .pbp file or wuteva its called
    Ftb2 name: _-CHRONiC-420-_
    Clan: [M87ELR]
    SNiPE!!!!

User Info Menu

Click on the Firmware Updater in the XMB, it will download the EBOOT.PBP, it will look to see if you have the 500.PBP. If you don't, the Firmware Updater will download from your PSP. I suggest you don't download it, because it will take forever.
    So download the 500.PBP here: http://rapidshare.com/files/154173870/500.PBP
    After downloading the 500.PBP, plug your PSP into the computer via USB cable and cut/copy and paste it in ms0:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE. Then after that, disconnect the USB Connection and run the EBOOT.PBP from your XMB. It will not say EBOOT.PBP, I forgot what it says, but you will see an icon of a 5.00 M33-6 Update. Run the update, and just wait a couple minutes, and your done =P

Rep+ if this helped. And next time, don't post in here, it's the wrong section.
    .: PSN iD - KaoTiiK_ReFLeX :.

User Info Menu

You need to put 500.PBP ( 5.00 OFW ) on your Memory stick root. Follow Prestige's little tutorial.

( Prestige rep + doesn't give you more rep all it does is protect you from rep -. Every 50 posts is 1 rep. If you get 1 rep down you have 1 less rep but if you have a rep + it is 1 protect from a rep -. )
    Every man for himself. You trust no one but yourself, if you want something done you do it your self don't rely on others. You watch your own back, you fight your own fights its you against the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Some phag
    -.BUS.-'s mommy says to Cannon, "I love you,
    I love you, I love you"
    The Cannon on the bus says, "I love you, too"
    All through the town.

User Info Menu

oh yess! its worked, thanks man but after it finished is said something bout corruppted informationm and it said click (O) to reset settings so i clicked that then it changed my psp theme and everything, and also my internet connection is deleted now and it was my neighbours router i was on but now i dunno the pass

User Info Menu

Well good thing u got everything working
    Ftb2 name: _-CHRONiC-420-_
    Clan: [M87ELR]
    SNiPE!!!!