User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3.90 M33 CFW Installation

3.90 M33 CFW Installation

User Info Menu

We're happy to announce that homebrew developer Dark AleX has released the latest custom firmware for the PlayStation Portable with CFW 3.90 M33. This new build fixes yet another bug connected to the March33 NO UMD.

Here's the specifics on the update taken from the Readme:
    • March33 NO UMD: fixed (yet another) bug related with exiting with home. (infinite semaphore wait)
    Dark_Alex also noted the changes in the auto-updater function that was included in the previous version of CFW 3.80. He's noted some instability with the latest version of the updater. Should this happen, Dark AleX mentions that you should restart the installer and try again.

In any case, here's the list of changes to the updater:
    • The degeneration check and correction of IDS keys happens too in 3.71 now.
    • Added code to download 3.90 PBP from net via wifi. Note that his code is not yet 100% stable, it may crash when selecting AP. In that case, reinit the installer.
    • L+triangle has been restored as method to bypass battery. If you already have 390.PBP keep those buttons pressed until you see "Veryfing 390.PBP". If the 390.PBP is being downloaded bia wifi, press those buttons at the end of download until you see the previous sentence.

3.90 M33 Custom Firmware- HERE
    3.90 Firmware Eboot- HERE

Also here is the optional 1.50 Kernal Add-On that lets you run some of the homebrew that couldn't be use previously:

3.90 M33 1.50 kernel add-on (Optional)- HERE

[staff]Just to let you guys know I made this tutorial because the Network Update system that updates you PSP to 3.90 M33 has bugs in it. I used it before I manually updated my PSP using this tutorial and it bricked it -_-. I recommend using this tutorial over Network Update.[/staff]

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Re: 3.90 M33 CFW Installation

i updated with the network update. its so easy u just start the app and it will download you the 390.pbp if you dont have it already. all of my plugins still work for example nite PR =)
    ..::!!BIG RED FIRE MF!!::..

I'm Baaaaaaaack!!!!!

User Info Menu

My NitePR didn't work. Never worked with 3.80 either. Going back and staying with 3.71! I did like the internet radio with 3.90 and I heard talk about Skype coming with 3.90 but I didn't see it anywhere.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by big red fire View Post
    i updated with the network update. its so easy u just start the app and it will download you the 390.pbp if you dont have it already. all of my plugins still work for example nite PR =)
    Did you have a custom XMB when you used the Network Update?

Quote Originally Posted by madpatriot55 View Post
    My NitePR didn't work. Never worked with 3.80 either. Going back and staying with 3.71! I did like the internet radio with 3.90 and I heard talk about Skype coming with 3.90 but I didn't see it anywhere.
    It's a slim feature only.

If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

User Info Menu

no i had the original one from sony =D

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by big red fire View Post
    no i had the original one from sony =D
    Yea it's custom XMBs then. Everyone I know with a Custom XMB on 3.80 M33 bricked when using the Network Update feature.

User Info Menu

lol that sucks. my update was perfect no issues

User Info Menu

Lol lots of bricks. Well I might just try this network update thing because I do have a custom XMB. If I brick I have Pandora, quick fix.

User Info Menu

yo i want to update my cfw i have 3.71 M33 but i want a newer version like 3.90 but will nite pr still work???

click here and sign up and get free psp xbox 360 or ps3 and much more:

http://www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=475652

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jetson913 View Post
    yo i want to update my cfw i have 3.71 M33 but i want a newer version like 3.90 but will nite pr still work???
    Yes NitePR will still work...
    Download NitePR Rev K, open the rar file dont choose the 3.71Only folder but choose for ALLOTHERFIRMWARE folder

here the recovery LE not mine got it from internet

Homebrew developer Ketchup has released an update to Recovery LE,
    a VSH plugin that allows users to access recovery menu options
    on 3.90 M33 custom firmware straight from the PSP cross media bar (XMB)

As you'd expect, this release features full support for 3.90 M33.
    Other notable additions include a hide PIC1 setting in the Advanced menu and a built-in board game.

How to use
    Put the recovery.prx in your SEPLUGINS folder, and add the ms0:/SEPLUGINS/recovery.prx to VSH.txt
    (and if you want GAME, POPS) enable them in recovery.if ''vhs.txt'' doesnt exist create it!
    R + Note for main menu
    L + Note for screenshot

Download: http://www.box.net/shared/zlyqxuwgsk
    Last edited by -_NoObY PlAyEr_-; 02-26-2008 at 03:23 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast