User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone a lockpicker

Is anyone a lockpicker

User Info Menu

Is anyone a lockpicker

Anyone picked a few locks, with an actual lockpicking set not just a paper clip? I need a few tips. Anything I should know except for staying away from rakes, pickguns and big sets as I start to learn?
    Every man for himself. You trust no one but yourself, if you want something done you do it your self don't rely on others. You watch your own back, you fight your own fights its you against the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Some phag
    -.BUS.-'s mommy says to Cannon, "I love you,
    I love you, I love you"
    The Cannon on the bus says, "I love you, too"
    All through the town.

Is anyone a lockpicker

User Info Menu

Re: Is anyone a lockpicker

I've picked quite a few locks man, I'll help you with whatever you want to know about lockpicking

Is anyone a lockpicker

User Info Menu

I know the very basics, the shear line, needing to twist it slightly so that the pins don't fall. The real basics, I know how to use a pick from back to front push it to the shear line. If it doesn't open when all are in the right place you release a bit of tension and all ones out of place fall and you retry.

Also to get it out there, I've picked one and only one lock. Which I don't think is skill even I messed with it so much that the tumblers were weak. I stuck a key in it a little bit at the tip and just twisted hard while I was still torquing it to keep the tumblers up. Then I heard a pop and the tumblers fell out..
    Last edited by Zeus; 05-27-2009 at 05:01 PM.
    Every man for himself. You trust no one but yourself, if you want something done you do it your self don't rely on others. You watch your own back, you fight your own fights its you against the world.

I love you, I love you"
    All through the town.

Is anyone a lockpicker

User Info Menu

take a look at this picture: http://www.lockpicktools.com/images/352-01open-600.jpg

(not going to embed it)

What I did was recreate those tools with paper clips (you WILL need some needle nose pliers), sure 3 of them you can't make with a paper clip, but the others can be made. Those tools kick ass

Is anyone a lockpicker

User Info Menu

Yeah I'm buying an actual lock pick set, works better, carbon steel stronger less likely to bend.

Besides I've heard those pocket ones like that, that flip out are really crappy and hard to use if you've learned how to do it with a hand held tool. Unless you learn with those they supposedely are hard to use.

I love you, I love you"
    All through the town.

Is anyone a lockpicker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Yeah I'm buying an actual lock pick set, works better, carbon steel stronger less likely to bend.

Besides I've heard those pocket ones like that, that flip out are really crappy and hard to use if you've learned how to do it with a hand held tool. Unless you learn with those they supposedely are hard to use.
    that picture is for the purpose of just showing the tools, I recreated all of them with paperclips. Besides, the paperclips won't bend if you do it right, except maybe the tensioner, but I used some solder to reinforce it

Is anyone a lockpicker

User Info Menu

i am i have a 14 peice set but make shure the lock is not an ati pick lock those are 2 hard for a beginer

Is anyone a lockpicker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ImMoRtAl- View Post
    i am i have a 14 peice set but make shure the lock is not an ati pick lock those are 2 hard for a beginer
    All locks are pickable if your good enough there is no anti pick lock except for like card scanners which are beatable.

I'm getting a 4 pick 1 tension set for now, If I like it I'll buy the 17 piece set.

I love you, I love you"
    All through the town.

Is anyone a lockpicker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    All locks are pickable if your good enough there is no anti pick lock except for like card scanners which are beatable.

I'm getting a 4 pick 1 tension set for now, If I like it I'll buy the 17 piece set.
    their is it's called an ati tumbler or some thing like this i got a good deal here is link Link this is the same place i got mine and this is the same one's i have.

Lime in the Chat Box

User Info Menu

You have no idea how badly i have wanted to learn about this, im gonna buy a small set and watch what you guys are doing to learn.
    Rep me up+ if I help or you just think im a cool guy.:)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast