User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ipod touch 3rd generation?

Lime in the Chat Box

User Info Menu

Ipod touch 3rd generation?

Does any one know when this comes out, because i am going to buy one.

I think i can wait for the new one to come out since it's coming out soon i heard.

Ill rep+ for an accurate answer.
    Rep me up+ if I help or you just think im a cool guy.:)

User Info Menu

Re: Ipod touch 3rd generation?

Im Pretty Sure Its Gonna Be Released September Of This Year

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gokickadogx2 View Post
    Does any one know when this comes out, because i am going to buy one.

I think i can wait for the new one to come out since it's coming out soon i heard.

Ill rep+ for an accurate answer.
    It probably won't come out for a while, with 3.0 it adds bluetooth to the second gen itouch (I shit you not, remember that wifi chip, well it has bluetooth as well, and remember that wifi (i think it's the wifi antenna, or maybe it's the nike+ one) well it's dual band) Apple would probably come out with a "tablet" with a modified version of the iphone OS before a 3gen touch

Lime in the Chat Box

User Info Menu

The only thing i have heard about it was the wifi would be 2x faster.

They will probally try and fix jailbreaking too with a new generation. Should i buy now or wait?

User Info Menu

This was taken from a website i found about the ipod 3rd gen.

Third generation iPod Touch later this year?

By admin • Mar 23rd, 2009 • Category: iPod Touch The iPhone OS 3.0 and the many rumors of a new iPhone hitting the market this summer, the iPod Touch has taken a backseat, despite just being announced as the preferred handheld game console by the Gadgetshow in the UK, and with the discovery of what could be the next generation iPod Touch 3.0 in the new iPhone OS.
    The current iPod Touch is referred to as iPod 2.1 while in the new iPhone OS 3.0 that will become available for iPod Touch owners this summer, there are references to iPod 2.2.1 which by many is believed to be an upgraded iPod Touch. There are no clear rumors as to what the upgrade might feature, but as always we have our wish list of what we would like to see on the 3rd generation iPod Touch.
    Improved memory
    This has been rumored since the release of the current iPod Touch last September, with the rumors then being that a new iPod Touch would become available with 64gb memory before Christmas, which we all know did not happen. The 64gb iPod Touch would be one of our odds on favourites for the upgrade to iPod Touch 3.0.
    Faster processing
    It is rumored that the next generation iPhone might feature improved processor speed and faster WiFi, and if the next generation iPhone will get that upgrade it is also very likely that the iPod Touch will receive the same treatment.
    Improved gaming
    We are going out on a limb here as we don’t know what Apple might be bringing to improve the gaming features of the next 3rd generation iPod Touch, with the current one already dubbed the funnest iPod ever. But with the addition of the device vibration support in the new iPhone OS 3.0 we might be looking at an even funner iPod in the next iPod Touch 3G.
    Replaceable battery/improved battery
    As the EU continues to put pressure on Apple to provide easily replaceable and recyclable batteries for their products, rumors have it that the next generation iPhone might feature replaceable battery, in which case the iPod Touch might follow closely after.
    Camera
    This is what the iPod Touch 3rd generation needs in my opinion to make it a true multifunctional gadget. Imagine integrating a decent camera with a few megapixels resolution into the sleek and stylish iPod Touch, and you would automatically have a serious contender for the normal cameras. There is now an update to the possibility of a camera for the 3rd generation iPod Touch following rumors around the internet that Apple is working on delivering camera to iPod Touch 3.0 and iPod Nano 5th generation.
    We will keep our eyes fixed on what is next for the iPod Touch and come back with any more rumors around the 3rd gen iPod Touch.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by -MaStEr.AdAm- View Post
    1. Improved memory

2. Faster processing

3. Improved gaming

4. Replaceable battery/improved battery

5. Camera
    (numbered for connivence)
    1. doubt, 32GB is a shit load of space
    2. probably, the iphone 3gS has a faster processor
    3. doubt, why the hell would you put a vibration support on something that wouldn't use it too often, besides apple would have to make it thicker
    4. TOTAL AND COMPLETE BULLSHIT ON THE REPLACEABLE, improved, definitely
    5. doubt

and FASTER WIFI JUST MEANS MAKING IT FROM 802.11B/G to 802.11B/G/N

and apple would have a tough time making jailbreaking impossible on it, no matter what there will be a way

senior newbie XD

User Info Menu

they also said they were gunna make a camera for nano but that never happened. but anyways they're almost done making it. they said they should be done at the end of this summer, so yeah it'll probably come out in september or so...

----Added 16/6/2009 at 7:51 AM----
    and i was just wondering cus i might get one. do you have to get inside it to jailbreak?!?!?! jw

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car. \,,/, rock on \,,/,

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lolhacks View Post
    they also said they were gunna make a camera for nano but that never happened. but anyways they're almost done making it. they said they should be done at the end of this summer, so yeah it'll probably come out in september or so...

----Added 16/6/2009 at 7:51 AM----
    and i was just wondering cus i might get one. do you have to get inside it to jailbreak?!?!?! jw
    I highly doubt they will come out with a new one in sept, considering how many features 3.0 has added to the 2nd gen (3.0 comes out today, I've had it for a while now, apple still hasn't released it to the public)
    and no, you don't have to get inside it to jailbreak it

and don't say shit you heard on a rumor site, you aren't "in the loop" I am, since my dad is part of the developer thing, which with his you have to pay for, I get access to the prerelease firmware as well as I get to hear about things apple's been working on, they have said nothing about a new itouch, the only thing they've said to us is to make sure that our apps would look good with a larger and higher resolution screen
    Last edited by B1G_BR0TH3R; 06-16-2009 at 11:19 AM.

Lime in the Chat Box

User Info Menu

I guess ill buy it soon then, dont feel like waiting another year.

Thanks guys.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by B1G_BR0TH3R View Post
    (numbered for connivence)
    1. doubt, 32GB is a shit load of space
    2. probably, the iphone 3gS has a faster processor
    3. doubt, why the hell would you put a vibration support on something that wouldn't use it too often, besides apple would have to make it thicker
    4. TOTAL AND COMPLETE BULLSHIT ON THE REPLACEABLE, improved, definitely
    5. doubt

and FASTER WIFI JUST MEANS MAKING IT FROM 802.11B/G to 802.11B/G/N

and apple would have a tough time making jailbreaking impossible on it, no matter what there will be a way
    Wow, you're really negative.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast