User Tag List

Thread: macbook upgrade??

senior newbie XD

User Info Menu

macbook upgrade??

well i was looking at the new macbooks and i like them so i want to upgrade my white macbook. but i dont really have the money:(, i could sell my macbook but i would get only like 600$ dollars for that and i need at least 1000$ for refurbished one. so i was wondering if any of you guys had an idea of what i could do to get enough money before school because my parents are wierd and dont want me to buy a new computer after school starts (dont ask me why i've been wondering why too). anyways i can get like 700-800 dollars but does anyone know any sites or anything, i'll accept used and refurbished. i know i kinda sound like a cheapass but i've had to pay off other things to and i dont have that much money right now.

p.s. i checked craiglist and ebay, they dont have anything:(.
    Last edited by lolhacks; 07-28-2009 at 08:52 PM.

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car. \,,/, rock on \,,/,

macbook upgrade??

User Info Menu

Re: macbook upgrade??

Quote Originally Posted by lolhacks View Post
    well i was looking at the new macbooks and i like them so i want to upgrade my white macbook. but i dont really have the money:(, i could sell my macbook but i would get only like 600$ dollars for that and i need at least 1000$ for refurbished one. so i was wondering if any of you guys had an idea of what i could do to get enough money before school because my parents are wierd and dont want me to buy a new computer after school starts (dont ask me why i've been wondering why too). anyways i can get like 700-800 dollars but does anyone know any sites or anything, i'll accept used and refurbished. i know i kinda sound like a cheapass but i've had to pay off other things to and i dont have that much money right now.

p.s. i checked craiglist and ebay, they dont have anything:(.
    first of all...this is graphics free chat, so wrong section
    second, just earn 400$ and updgrade
    Jimi Hendrix
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

macbook upgrade??

User Info Menu

simple, head to best buy, buy a netbook. make it a "hackintosh" so you get the awesomeness that is osx while paying next to nothing for it :D

That Guy

User Info Menu

There is an easy way to get a good discount on any Apple product. Unfortunately most don't know it. Anyways, if you know a college student then have them purchase it for you. With proof they are a student (usually a college ID) Apple will offer a decent discount. That could help pay for it.

And just going to say. Unless you are doing some graphics/processor intense stuff like video editing or massive photo render. Or maybe gaming (sucks on a mac) or running Wine then you don't REALLY need the new macbook. I mean if you want it thats your thing. Just saying the money could be better spent elsewhere.

Oh, and a bit off topic, but if you want to learn about how to hack your mac I can try and teach you some stuff. It only takes about... 30ish seconds to change a password. xD My school uses macs too. Fun stuff.

senior newbie XD

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine. View Post
    second, just earn 400$ and updgrade
    i have to have it before school, and school starts in like 2 weeks so i dont think i can earn 400$ in 2 weeks.

----Added 29/7/2009 at 9:10 AM----
    Quote Originally Posted by HermXIV View Post
    There is an easy way to get a good discount on any Apple product. Unfortunately most don't know it. Anyways, if you know a college student then have them purchase it for you. With proof they are a student (usually a college ID) Apple will offer a decent discount. That could help pay for it.
    we dont have an apple store by where i live, do they do taht at best buy??? or maybe online? i know you get a free touch with it too.

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car. \,,/, rock on \,,/,

That Guy

User Info Menu

If your best buy has an actual Apple stand in it. Maybe. Online I know they do. I did it with my brothers student ID. We also lack an apple store. Which sucks because I love Apple. =\